Wednesday 13 August 2014

Poppy Party

Hello everyone,
Today me and my buddy Beth went to Sunderland Museum to gain some work experience to do with History it was really exciting we made poppies.



I woke up at 7am so as you can probably tell I wasn’t very excited at this point. The journey from Whitley Bay to Sunderland takes about an hour on public transport which really is not fun but at 9 in the morning it is most defiantly not. So myself and Beth were falling asleep on the metro along with all the other public commuters.

Once we arrived safely and NOT well rested in Sunderland we were about 30 minutes early so we decided to take a look around the shops wishing we had money to buy lots of food and make up but unfortunately we do not. Help me I’m poor.

The day was to help raise awareness for the soldiers who fought in WW1. It was the first time we had visited this museum before and it’s really nice. We both really enjoy history (is that sad?) so we “often” go to museums even-though I’m really scared of all the displays. And I have to say I was very impressed they had a “winter garden” area which was basically massive plants in unbearable heat Beth loved it however, I did not.

Our main job was to get people who took part in the activity to fill out forms which naturally no one wanted to do and although myself and Beth are usually loud and quite confident there’s something about asking grandparent to fill out a consent form so we can take pictures of their grandchildren that is incredibly awkward and not something I want to take part in.

By the time it was lunch I had coloured in 3 poppies and learnt how to do some kind of weird craft activity. (Basically I got a pencil made a whole in some kindof brown woven material and put a piece of black material though it.) As you can tell the day didn’t go off to such a good start.

After lunch it all got incredibly hectic and stressful with more people coming in at once there was more people in about 10 minutes than we had all morning. We had no idea what to do so we just sort of hovered until people left. Avoiding problems like the plague.

At the end of the day we got to make poppies ourselves to put up on the display in November to commemorate the First World War. I am very proud of mine and I hope it is placed in the centre where everyone can see it.

Whilst we were walking around the museum I took a photo with a LION! Plot twist: It’s not a real Lion.

Here’s some photos from the day












SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

F
© Jessica Rose. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig