Friday 8 August 2014

Calories never bothered me anyway

Hello everyone,

Do you wanna build a snowman?

So everyone knows about Disney’s newest animation film about the kingdom of isolation well myself and Ellie decided to make “Olaf” cupcakes *sings* in summer (terrible joke I know but just let it go) to keep up with the mad obsession with Frozen. Plus its a great film and I love it.

So it’s August which means it’s nearly Christmas (yes I said it) I'm super excited as it’s my favourite time of year and I just can’t wait so we wanted to make a gingerbread house since I've NEVER made one before I have been robbed of this magical Christmas tradition. Sad times. This is my goal for this year.

Unfortunately you can only buy gingerbread house kits in the “holiday season” and I know you can make your own gingerbread and get a mould and stuff but do you really think we’d be able to do that? I can cook chicken and that’s about it.

I loved making these cupcakes as it combined 2 of my favourite things: Disney and cake.

To make up for my lack of gingerbread we decided to make gingerbread cupcakes with little Olaf’s on the top (icing snowmen) and they’re AMAZING! I’ll insert a picture of the recipe and what book it’s from at the end of this post!

Can anyone tell me why treacle tastes so awful? I was nearly sick.


For the first time in forever they turned out super cute and actually tasted good! We attempted to make sugar cookies they turned out.... ok. So ill leave the recipe to that below also.

We finished each others cupcakes as well as sandwiches. 

So many puns not enough time.



Gingerbread Olaf Cupcakes









Cookies 
We then covered them in icing made from mixing icing sugar and water into a slightly running consistency then added a tiny drop of blue food colouring to make it pastel blue like ice. 




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

F
© Jessica Rose. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig