Sunday 25 January 2015

Winter Walk | Photography

Jumping over puddles, getting chased by horses and being covered in mud was exactly how I planned my Saturday to be. Myself and Ellie got wrapped up in our big coats, hats and scarves and went for a walk yesterday, purely so we could chat and take photos. Walking is such a good, cheap way to spend time with your friends and catch up, plus it's exercise rather than just sitting on the sofa eating biscuits.

We walked to the Beehive pub and had some hot beverages to warm us up. After being out in the Arctic Conditions. I'm not going to lie it was a tad awkward taking photos of each other and our drinks in front of people. Blogger problems.
I love the beehive it's such a cute pub, being there and on a "woodland walk" it really felt like I was in the countryside. Basically at the Lake District. It was a perfect way to clear my head and just spend some time with my pal. Get away from the internet for a few hours.



Our walk was quite adventurous trying to avoid all the muddy patches so we didn't get covered in mud, or worse...fall over. On our adventure we came across a frozen "lake" (giant puddle) and as we struggled to get down the hill to it I found a horse shoe! Ellie was really excited cause apparently it's good luck, I just found it amusing. Speaking of horses, walking back myself and Ellie were walking through a field, which we were unaware was home to about 9 horses (I don't appreciate horses at the best of times). As we were walking through Ellie was quite a bit ahead of me and suddenly about 4 horses just started charging at her and we both just turned and sprinted out of the field and spent about 10 mins trying to work out how to get passed. Now I really don't appreciate horses.



So being with Ellie I took full advantage or her camera as I'm saving up for my own, it's a long process but I'll get there! I really love capturing photos or literally anything and Ellie is such a good model, I even got in front of the camera for once!
I can't explain how happy I am at how the photos came out.
Any photography opportunities out there give me a shout!

Prepare for lot's of photos.
Ellie
 Coat - Superdry
leggings - Vintage
Both Boots - Timberlands
Jess
 Coat - M&S
Leggings - M&S
Jumper - Debenhams
Scarf- Topshop
Beanie - Primark










SHARE:

22 comments

  1. I love country side walks, they are my fave x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was a splendid day, minus the horse incident! Love you post hun xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photographs - I love the secret garden at The Beehive - probably too cold for that at the moment though! #NEbrilliantbloggers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I don't like the high rise in wasps x

      Delete
  5. The photographs are lush - is this the Lake District? (I tried to find the pub on Google Maps but the one I found said it was permanently closed?) it looks like such a nice walk and I want to go there!

    northeastnerd.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No this is Northumberland, Holly-well. At the end of the Beehive road x

      Delete
  6. Such pretty photos! That horse situation sounds like a nightmare, I don't like horse very much either!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) and it really was terrifying x

      Delete
  7. you are so talented I love the photos!

    hilarynirvana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pics are amazing

    itsjustshalay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw lovely photos and you really are a beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) and I assume you're aiming that to my beautiful blonde friend who I photographed she really is beautiful x

      Delete
  10. Wow seems like you had quite the adventure, haha! I couldn't imagine what it'd be like to be charged at by 4 horses. o; Lovely photos though! :D Can't wait to see what you do when you get your own camera. ((:

    Lots of Love,
    Manpreet || Simply-M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post and write such a lovely comment <3 It was honestly really scary haha and I can't physically wait to get my camera x

      Delete
  11. Winter walls are by far the best! Amazing blog and your photography skills are on point ;) very talented Jess x

    ReplyDelete

F
© Jessica Rose. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig