Tuesday 13 January 2015

Blendtastic | Smoothie Recipe


It's the beginning of the new year, everyone's mad about the gym and eating healthy expecting to break their resolutions. Well a really good way to start feeling more healthy is starting your day off with a smoothie. I love smoothies because it's a tasty way to get your 5 a day, they're very filling and using a blender is really good fun.
Anyone who has been around me recently, or follows me on twitter (@7JessDavis #plug ) have definitely anticipated a post about this are probably sick to death of me banging on about my blender, but I just can't explain my love for it! If you have been here in my little space of the internet for a while now you may remember this post "Summer Smoothie" back when I didn't have a blender or a blog template. Feels like a lifetime ago but it wasn't really it was only June, and I tried making a smoothie with a hand blender and it just didn't work (I just pretended it did I'm sorry)
Well I recently invested in a Tefal Blender from Sainsburys for £20 which is actually in the sale so get it fast link

Beautiful
So lets get into the tasty stuff I have a recipe for you today which has been my go to smoothie since I got my blender a few days ago and I am keen to try more so if you have any recipes please leave them in a comment below I would love to try them. 

*I don't use specific amounts I just throw these ingredients in #yolo
Make sure your blender is able to blend ice, we don't want any broken blenders*
Ingredients:
  • Apple
  • Blueberries
  • Strawberries
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Frozen Summer Berries
  • Water
  • Red Grapes
  • Orange Juice
  • 2 Frozen Frubes

Firstly I start off my cutting up all the fruit that needs to be chopped (strawberry, apple, banana) and pop that in my blender.

Followed by Lots of grapes as they have juice in them, and the blueberries.


I then add the orange juice and water (this helps make it liquid and blend easily) Blend it all up for about 45 seconds.

Then go ahead and add the frozen berries and blend on a ice blend/crush setting. This is important so it doesnt break the blade cause then we'd all be sad. Especially me. 

Then on the same ice setting add your frozen frubes or yoghurt and Ice, I like to use frozen frubes because it kills 2 birds with one stone really. 


The bam your smoothie is finished and ready to drink! Mmmmm I usually make about 2 glasses worth and then save one. If you're putting your smoothies in the fridge make sure 
you thoroughly mix your smoothie before you drink it as it can go a bit funny.


ENJOY!
ps shoutout to my new logo #madeitmyself 
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. oh yummy i so need a smoothie looks so tasty , unfortunatly my husband stole my plug, yes my plug from my smoothie machine ive not seen it yet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously love smoothies! Oh no I would not be happy!

      Delete
  2. Mmm, I want a blender now to make tasty smoothies😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks tasty as can be and I love the logo! #nebrilliantbloggers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love smoothies and this looks lovely. I normally use greek yoghurt, loving your orange juice addition

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a good idea! Especially since I love Greek yoghurt!

      Delete
  5. We used to make our own smoothies all of the time but then our smoothie maker ended up gathering dust as we got tired of cleaning it! LOL! Would love to start making them again now I'm on a health kick #NEbrilliantbloggers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love a good health kick! I think you should get it back out they're the best!

      Delete

F
© Jessica Rose. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig