Monday 5 January 2015

Top Moments | 2014







Okay, so I realise that it's about 5 days into 2015 but honestly 2014 has been a massive year for me, from good to bad. I have learnt life lessons I never knew I would learn, never expected to and never  thought I would. I fought bad guys and got a strong team of superheroes behind me, from people I've known basically my entire life, to people I met 3 months ago, I even made friends on the internet which I was taught was a bad thing. I wouldn't change this year for anything, as some utterly incredible things have happened to me as well as some that will change my life all together! 2015 is going to be the year I face my fears and achieve my goals. So I guess it's that time where I reflect on the year I have just lived, 365 days have gone by so fast you almost forget to breathe. A final massive thank you to everyone who made my 2014 amazing, you little superheroes, lets make 2015 just as good.

Music, music was a major part of my 2014, tears were shed, voices were lost, friendships were made and memories created that will last forever. This year was an incredible year for music, from The Vamps debut album, to One direction bringing out yet another amazing album, from 1989 to 5SOS debut album. During this crazy year I managed to go to quite a few concerts. From right at the beginning of February travelling down to London with Beth to see probably the most inspiring woman in my life, Taylor Swift, and well... the Vamps were there too. The Wanted in March, which was incredible, I was literally so happy, my love for Nathan Sykes is rather large. The Vamps were also there which is the 2nd time I saw them and they were amazing as per. Fast forward to May and I was seeing the biggest boy band ever, after a 9 hour wait I was going to see One Direction at the Stadium of Light with my 3 friends, in the pouring rain, wearing ponchos. Honestly best day of the year. If you want to read about my experience with Harry Styles you can read my post here. But I didn't just see One Direction, oh no the presence of 5 Seconds of Summer was also a thing that occurred, and well Ellie almost died.Then in next to no time, I returned to the Stadium Of Light in June to attend North East Live, I absolutely LOVED this day! The sun was shining, the atmosphere was amazing, we ate Pizza and then the 5 of us danced the night away at the top of the stadium to Jessie J. I can't quite explain how much fun I had on this day, plus I saw The Vamps for the 3rd time (Blog post here) I can't wait to go back in 2015 it was the best. I've developed a strong bond to the Stadium it holds some good memories. This hasn't been the end of my music experience over 2014. I went to The Vamps first ever Tour!! I can't explain to you how I felt on this day, I was so proud of them, so excited to hear their own songs, emotional cause I messed up my Brad selfie moments before, and so so happy because I met some incredible, beautiful people that will go on inspiring my everyday for a long time! My year of music has been mental and I have loved every second of it! I couldn't pick "top music moments" because they have all been my top moments, I finally saw Taylor Swift and One Direction after waiting so so long to see them, I saw my favourite band The Vamps FOUR times, and yes I may have cried, maybe a little too much but hey, that's the life of a fangirl after all.

My personal top moment has to be starting this blog. May sound cheesy but it has. I had wanted to start one for a long time but I was scared to get going and now that I have, well I couldn't be happier. It's my little space to talk about whatever I want, whenever I want. I have always said it's for me and not about the views, but I think to some extent it is. I never expect to be a huge blogger, I never expect to get thousands of views on my posts but the fact I have started passing the 100 view mark on pretty much every new post makes me grin from ear to ear. I remember when I posted Endless Love about my aunties wedding and it got 36 views and I nearly cried I was so happy, and now look where I am it's insane! I am so glad that people enjoy what I write, you never know one day I might write a book. *secretly wishes penguin would sign a book deal with me*

Another major thing that's happened in 2014 is my auntie got married. This was literally so exciting for me as she's a major part of my life and she's got married! Like what? The sun was shining, I had nice shoes on, it was at the beach, there was a professional photographer it was just all round great. The thing I loved the most about Claire's wedding is, my cousins/family from Ireland came to visit and I never see then. We had almost lost contact so that really brought us together and now me and Aine are proper good pals and she came to visit me, well my Nanna but I was there too. I'll leave a link to my post here.

This year I took an adventure with my history pals to the far away land of Russia, I haven't actually written a post about it but it was amazing and I would go back at the drop of a hat. Experiencing the Russian culture and seeing all the beautiful buildings was amazing! That trip was a major highlight of my year! We may have all been seriously sleep deprived but it was great. The best thing about Russia was definitely the fact there was free wifi everywhere even in a museum!

And we can't forget the fact I met a sheep this year. Oh yeh I met my favourite animal - post

I didn't want this post to go on forever so I'm going to stop here, but this year has been amazing and my blog has been an amazing way to document that! Here's to the great things that 2015 will hold, thank you if you have joined my blog journey at any point from way back in May to yesterday, or even right now, it means a lot.

ps. there's been like 3 in 3 days because I didn't want to leave these posts any longer and I'm going back to school and I'm not sure when I'll next be able to post!
Here's some photos of the year!
17th Birthday

The Vamps 25-09-14

NEL
Parrttaayyyyyy 411

The Beauties of Russia
Summer Poppy Trip

NYE
The Vamps = Faves


Subway Banter
Trip to meet the queen
One Direction 28-05-14
Cool Cat Summer bbq
The Wanted

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Fab round up of your year. Starting a blog is one of the best things I ever did too - although it's hard to explain that to non-bloggers! Thanks for sharing with #NEbrilliantbloggers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree I love my blog but some people just don't get it

      Delete
  2. wow what a fantastic year you have had hoping this coming year is just as fun for you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really has been! Thank you very much, you also x

      Delete
  3. Gosh what a year! Great round up #nebrilliantbloggers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own BlogEngine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it.
    cyber monday mattress sale

    ReplyDelete

F
© Jessica Rose. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig