Saturday 17 January 2015

DIY Photo Strips | Collab

Some of you may know my good pal Ellie, well we decided to do a sort of collaboration so we've also worked on a post over on her blog and she helped me with the one you're about to read.
Anyway, I was doing my hourly look on Pinterest and I came across some “Photo Booth Photo strips” you know the ones you get at Brighton Pier in a cramped photo booth that you paid £5 for? Well I figured I could do them just as good for practically free and in 5 easy steps. I got quite obsessed with it and found it really addictive and ended up making like 12. 
I thought these's would make a cute decoration for your room or desk or maybe just a cute addition to your memory box. Since I am an active tumblr and Pinterest user – follow me – I decided to take my favourite photos off there to use for my photo strips. Of course you can use your own photos; maybe you and your friends could make your own photo booth, your favourite photos, or just your own selfies no shame.
All you need is;
      White card
      Glue
      Printer Ink
      Scissors
I used pic-monkey to create my edit however you can use any editor that puts your photos into a template.

Step 1: Choose your photos.

Step 2: Put your photos into a template I used “ducks in a row” but because you want the photo strip to be portrait you need to turn the photos around as shown in this print screen.

Step 3: Save and print off your photo strips

Step 4: Cut the strips out and glue them onto the card.



Step 5: Finally, cut it out, leaving a write rim and some white at the bottom to create the photo booth affect.
And we're done! Now you can display them any way you want or give them as a gift! 

I absolutely love these I think they’re so cute and the photos are just so beautiful, like I said earlier you can do these with your own photos, I decided to create one using photos from my aunties wedding.
In regards to my Pinterest photos although I got photos I liked and looked good together I also tried to theme them. For example I have one which has a photo from each season on it, a black and white one and a couple to do with the beach. The best thing about these is each strip is different and individual and it’s such a good way to display photos that otherwise would just stay on your phone

I used Ellie's amazing camera and took more photos than I will ever need so hey here's some photos!


I hope you enjoyed this random inspiration I had also, make sure you check out the post I photographed over on Ellie's blog, she helps you do your make up when you don't have your usual make up, e.g at a friends house Link here plus she's really pretty so go look at her face!



SHARE:

17 comments

  1. Blogs with friends are 10x better I do say, loved this post sweet pea! I recon we do another one soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea and amazing photography

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh I just love this idea. And I am defiantly going to have a go!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I really hope you do! I think they're so cute and a great way to display memories x

      Delete
  4. This is such a good idea and so simple!
    I think i'm going to put these in peoples cards on their birthday.
    Thanks for the really nice comment on my blog btw :) Followed you
    xxx
    www.adrugstoreaddiction.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is literally such a good idea!
      You're more than welcome, you 100% deserved it x

      Delete
  5. loving this idea would love to give this a go , great way to keep your memories

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you should, I love them I have them hanging in my room and a couple in my memory box.

      Delete
  6. Love these and my kids would love making them great idea! #nebrilliantbloggers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that's a good idea! Not much mess either

      Delete
  7. Finally a nice way to display my Insta photos without having to go through some company and pay loads of money for it! I'm definitely doing this in the future

    northeastnerd.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah i'm so glad you're going to do it! I love this idea I think its so cute x

      Delete
  8. What a fun, cute, and pretty easy DIY! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

F
© Jessica Rose. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig