Saturday 16 August 2014

Strike!

Hello everyone,

Today I kicked ass down at the bowling alley. Okay yes I won 1/3 but I still won the first game and was the first to get a strike if that isn't an achievement I don’t know what is.

So my day started off with a couple of hours at the gym and for that I just wore the usual gym attire of leggings a baggy top and trainers nothing exciting.

After the gym I got home and got ready to go bowling! I just did my normal make up routine which I talk about in a previous post. My outfit was simple but I really liked it. I wore my white converse which unfortunately meant I didn’t get to wear rental bowling shoes which I’m bother sad and happy about I have mixed feelings towards them anyway. Then I have my Primark black skinny jeans which cost me a whole £7 my top is colourful and floral with a white lacy type detail on the bottom from New Look for about  £12 its cropped so comes just past the top of my jeans. Finally over the top I have my beloved Levi Denim Jacket which I got from Urban Outfitters for £55 a bit pricey but it’s my favourite item I own. I like this outfit as it’s comfortable, simple but also cute.


Enough talk it’s time to bowl!

Myself and my parents went bowling today my brother was meant to come but he had to pop down to his university in Leeds so unfortunately could not attend. Bowling used to be a frequent activity of mine my brother and fathers maybe that’s the reason why we’re so competitive now. We used to attend Super Bowl in Benton nearly every week for a good bowl. I’ve always enjoyed bowling I’m not 100% sure why I used to be terrible. I hadn't been in a while so I was very happy when I realised I was actually pretty good.

I was the first up (obviously) and I was off to a flying start on my 3rd turn I got the first strike of the day much to my father’s disappointment. What I like about my family is because we’re all so competitive no one goes easy on each other so when you win you genuinely have won!

I decided because I hadn’t played in a while I wanted to use the bumpers just incase I don’t want to be losing precious points. However, my dad was brave and had no bumpers which honestly worked out quite well for him.
Like I said I won the first game with a score of 109 I felt accomplished and ready to carry on kicking butt.


However, suddenly my mother started to get good and the second game was a constant battle between me and her for second place but in the end I crushed her.

The final game was intense I had scored strikes in both games previous and I was determined to get one this game to even it out. Unfortunately, this did not happen I came second again and the old man won 2/3 games. Sorry Lynn but you lost all 3 games.

The Final Scores! 
I really enjoyed bowling it’s a really fun activity but an hour just isn’t long enough! Before we left I had to grab myself a Blue Slush Puppy as they’re my favourite treat I love them apart from I don’t appreciate brain freeze or a blue tongue.


As always here are some photos from the day!





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

F
© Jessica Rose. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig