Friday 22 August 2014

Alton Towers

Hello everyone,

So yesterday was a very exciting day for me I went to Alton Towers (Theme Park) with my dad and brother JJ our family used to go there every year as our holiday however, this time my mother didn't come because she doesn't really enjoy rides like us 3 do so she decided to stay and paint our dining room. I know where I’d rather be.

It was an incredibly early morning for myself and my dad up and out at 4 AM, lucky for me I can sleep literally anywhere so I took my pillow off my bed and my smaller One Direction cushion and a big fluffy blanket and made camp across the back seats. We had a 4 hour journey ahead of us which included popping into Leeds to pick up JJ.

I don’t have any pictures of my outfits but for travelling down I wore my leggings and a hoodie for comfort reasons I didn’t really want to sleeping in my skinny jeans.

About 3 hours into the journey we stopped off at a service station (No idea where I woke up and we were there) we had a super healthy McDonald’s breakfast and I did my makeup and got changed into my Black Skinny Jeans and a white Pepsi Tee. I really liked this outfit for a theme park it's simple and comfortable. I saw people in dresses and wedges and I judged. Also if you take a handbag to a theme park I hate you. We didn't take any bags we just took what we needed which was my dad’s wallet. Honestly, I don’t think there’s anything worse than having the hassle of a bag at a place like this. Ok fair enough if you have kids or have brought a picnic etc but other than that I just don’t understand it.

Anyway, because we had bought tickets online we got the first hour before the general public however, we didn't get into the park until about 9:45 and the park opens at 10. As soon as we were in we headed straight for the Smiler (which is amazing we rode it 4 times over the course of the day) since we had the early hour we got into the smiler about 4 minutes earlier than everyone else and honestly it was a life saver! Those 4 minutes saved us 45 minutes of queing. We usually go single rider but we wanted to go on at least one thing all together as a fam.
Since we went single rider for basically everything (for those who don’t know what single rider is it’s basically you are willing to be split up and are used to fill in seats.) I mean why would you want to wait 2 hours for a ride you could wait 2 minutes for by sitting by someone you don’t know it’s not like you’re going to be talking to your family on the rides, plus we don’t buy the photos anyway we got on all the big rides at least twice.

I want to take a moment to talk about “Nemesis Subterra” I absolutely LOVE the Nemesis rollercoaster It may even be my favourite but oh my god did I hate Nemesis Subterra. The way I described it was “A modern version of Hex” and I hate Hex. Hex makes me cry. Since Nemesis Subterra is a ride where you don’t have a clue what’s going on I’m not going to tell anything but I really didn't like it. We literally had no idea of what it was going to be I thought it was going to be a simulator. it wasn't., it was very much real. Even though I knew it was a ride I couldn't help but panic. Beth will know what I’m like with rides like this because last year we went to Light Water Valley with her dad and her brother and we went on the Raptor ride which is in the pitch black and I cried and then continued to cry because I found the exit passageways so terrifying.

We left the park at about 4 and headed back to hotel which was about 40 minutes away where again I feel asleep. I told you I can just sleep. We were staying in a “Hotel motel Holiday Inn” – Pitbull and honestly it was a very nice room with comfy beds.

Being the healthy family we are and after having a McDonald's breakfast myself and my brother hit the gym and my dad went in the pool. I am not joking when I say it was the fanciest gym I have ever been to in my whole life. It had loads of “lifestyle” machines which wouldn't have been cheap. They had the comfiest seats and the simplest button system it was gym heaven. I have officially decided that when I’m rich I’m going to have a gym in my house exactly like this one.

After this we went back to the room and got ready to go and have our evening meal. I wore my pink playsuit which I wore on my birthday and to North East Live I love this playsuit because it’s so bright and it adds a pop of colour to my life. I felt adventurous with my eye makeup so I wore a pink style look with heavy winged eyeliner and I actually really liked it but only for this playsuit.

I had this nicest steak baguette my 2 favourite things steak and bread. It was delicious and I want it now.
After all this excitement we just went to the room and again slept.

We decided we weren’t going to head back to the park today for the 2nd day because my dad’s hip was hurting, JJ was tired and I just didn't feel well in general I got really dehydrated at Alton Towers and In the car as I didn’t want to drink so that I didn’t need to pee. #logic 

So this morning we just all clambered into the car and headed home which due to traffic took 5hours 45mins instead of the 4 hours it took to get there but again I just slept and read (fanfics on Wattpad I’m not even sorry)

And now I’m home and myself and JJ are going to order a Chinese.

I had a really good time at Alton Towers as I knew I would so thank you to my parents for that little trip. Beth, Joanne and Teoh are all coming home today and tomorrow which is super exciting then Amy’s back Wednesday (I think) so hopefully we’ll be getting up to exciting adventures before school starts again in September.  
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

F
© Jessica Rose. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig