Thursday 18 December 2014

Twilight

So it's you're unaware I am a massive book and film fan, one of my all time favourite things to do is to read a book and then watch the film and vise versa, I did this for the likes of The Hunger Games, Harry Potter and many more. I have a list a mile long of books I'm desperate to read, from the Mase Runner series to Zoella's new book girl online. I am currently reading the Twilight saga and I am obsessed every free moment I have I'm reading, walking to school, in my frees, when I'm eating my tea I can't stop. I'm addicted.

I am a huge fan of the films I think they're utterly fantastic but honestly the book has not let me down, I think this is why most people like to read the book first as they'd rather have the film miss things out but for me I prefer film then book. You might think I'm mad but let me explain!

If you watch the film you get a complete summary of what happens in about 2 hours, its incredibly visual, you see the character come to life along with all the settings and props and then you read the book and you have all this information stored in your brain and it makes it 10x more visual and you aren't disappointed when they didn't choose an actor you imagined.

Back to the topic of discussion, Twilight, I much prefer the book I have always been Team Edward and the book really clarified that for me and I may be one of the strongest members of the team. In the film you see them connect and fall in love however, in the book you feel it with them. With it being the first book of the series it's a lot of character development and you see read both characters develop together and it's written so beautifully so well done Stephanie Meyer you did an excellent job.

I would give this book a solid 8/10 due to how well it's written and how you feel a real connect with the characters it is still the first book and a lot is left to be revealed. I am currently reading the next book in the saga. New Moon.



SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I've never read the books but I really want to, maybe now I will! I'm also team Edward!
    Love your blog billions <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and you defiantly should I highly recommend it!

      Delete
  2. I absolutely LOVE Twilight, I watched all the films for the first time last Christmas because I had bought the box set for my daughter, I never thought I'd be hooked in the way that I was/still am! I am also team Edward! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing I really love it and the books are so good if not better!

      Delete
  3. I'm also a huge Twilight fan, but only the books though, not movies. The only thing I like from the movie series is Taylor Lautner haha.

    ReplyDelete

F
© Jessica Rose. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig