Tuesday 23 December 2014

Christmas Eve | Eve

Since it's Christmas Eve Eve and I'm getting festive sitting by the tree and watching the 8 out of 10 cats Christmas Special. I've decided to talk about the 5 things I love and dislike about Christmas and the festive period.
This is in no particular order. 

Like 
1. How happy/friendly everyone is, suddenly everyone has something in common and is happy and festive. I went shopping with my mum today and at least 10 people said "have a nice Christmas" or "all the best" and it was honestly wonderful and I loved it.

2.  I'm just going to say it.The presents. I love receiving presents. Not because I'm greedy, but because I love that someone has gone out of their way and got me a thoughtful present that they know I will love, but hey it really is all about the giving rather than receiving, but come on don't sit there and lie to me by saying you don't like receiving presents. 

3. Christmas films/songs. I am a massive and I mean massive fan of Christmas themed entertainment. I started watching Christmas films in November, and I can't get enough of the Christmas tunes from jingle bells, to Ariana Grande I love it. It's so festive and they're just so exciting and really make me happy so hey imma watch it as soon as it's not classed as bad luck.

4. Fairy lights, fairy lights I get are an all year round sort of situation, but there's nothing quite like when everywhere is covered in lights. You walk into town and there's a shop lined with fairy lights, there's suddenly bright Christmas decorations and on the way home you see everyone's house decorated with lights. But where I love fairy lights the most are when they're situated in the home. On the tree, up the banister, even on the end of my bed I love it!

5. The final thing I love is the 3 most important and exciting days; Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day. I love Christmas Eve because I always either go to the cinema or the pantomime to get in the festive mood and it's the most exciting day ever, plus it's Louis Tomlinson's birthday. Christmas Day I love for obvious reasons: presents, family, food, board games, cheese footballs, alcohol. But ultimately, my favourite day is Boxing Day, for some people it's like an extra Christmas but for me I go to my Aunties and my cousin is there and loads of my aunties and uncles and we play board games, have wii sports championships, eat left over Christmas food and just laugh until we're going to be sick and it's great, I look forward to it every year!

Dislike 
1. The thing I dislike probably the most is people who slate me for enjoying Christmas even though I'm an atheist. I may not be a Christian or believe in god and Jesus, but I like the idea of the Nativity. I like that it's celebrating someone's birth, I like that the wise men gave Jesus a presents, but more importantly I like that it brought people together, and you spend Christmas with lots of important people in your life. Christmas is about Family and spending time with the ones you love and I think that message is portrayed well through the Nativity. So go ahead and slate me for my opinion.

2. Unpopular opinion alert I hate, and I mean hate snow! Yes okay it's pretty for like 10 minutes then when you have to go outside and you suddenly forgot what it was like to walk normally and you're in constant fear of ice and if you're going to fall and drown in the thick layers of snow. Plus I have horrible memories of Snowball fights, teenage boys are scary.

3. I don't like people who brag about what they want or what they got, like please stop. I don't want to see on instagram all the things you got and what I wish I had.

4. Waking up on Christmas morning/new years and sitting there texting everyone "Merry Christmas, hope you get everything you wanted" with loads of festive emoji's and then someone just replies "what did you get?" eurgh bruh wish me a Merry Christmas #rude

5. The thing I hate the most out of everything which really upsets me a lot actually is 11:59 pm 25th December and if you aren't already fast asleep because you ate your entire body weight in food you suddenly realise that it's over. Christmas is over. 365 days until the next Christmas and you only have 6 days to sort your life out before the New Year officially begins and all the things you said you'd do in 2014 now have to be done in 2015 and you feel sad because you didn't achieve the things you wanted to achieve!


I hope you enjoyed this silly little tag that I decided to do!
Merry Christmas, love
                                Jessica Rose
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Aw I totally agree with your likes, but how can you not like snow!! Also it makes me sad that this year is nearly out and I still haven't achieve my New Years resolutions haha ☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snow is THE WORST! Plus this year we're going to make a conscious effort to make our goals happen!

      Delete
  2. I love fairy lights but my favourite thing at Christmas and in the winter are candles! I WANT ALL THE CANDLES!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my god! How did I forget candles I LIVE for candles! They're an all year round thing for me hah

      Delete

F
© Jessica Rose. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig