Saturday 6 December 2014

Tynemouth Market

*Disclaimer: This is not a paid advertisement and there's a lot of photos in this post*

On this chilly Saturday morning myself and my mum put on our big coats, scarves, gloves and boots and headed to Tynemouth metro station to have a look around the market that is held there every weekend.  Personally I love Tynemouth Market because there’s so much on offer from old dolls to vintage cameras.


Whilst walking around the stalls I saw some really nice pieces which you could buy for yourself or for someone else maybe a nice Christmas present or just a nice gift, so I thought I’d talk about a few things on offer and I’ll insert pictures and any links at the end of the post.
The one thing Tynemouth market does not lack is pets, upon walking in we saw an insanely cute cat which I did kindof want to steal but I was good and didn’t, and just walking around there’s so many dogs that people have brought along! When I had my dog we used to take him but the smell of food just drove him insane!

One of the first stalls I approached was one of my favourites! I am a massive “fandom girl” and I came across this amazing stall which sold jewellery with different fandom things on it from Disney to Harry Potter it was incredible! This would make the PERFECT gift! I was talking to the woman who owned the stall and she told me that everything on offer was hand designed and come in a cute gift box. I know that I would love to receive something like, they’re such a good idea and I was blown away by how good quality they were and the amount on offer. One of my favourite things that actually attracted me to the stall was a tree with bells on it. WOW I KNOW but upon approach I realised that they were in fact replicas of the bell from The Polar Express! I was very pleased by this!








Anyone who knows me knows I adore candles, they’re probably my favourite thing on the planet and autumn/winter is the perfect time for candles! And they’re being sold EVERYWHERE! A few stalls were selling candles but my favourite was a little stall at the back called “The Candle man” he makes the candles himself and they smell INCREDIBLE! He asked me to smell one called “chocolate orange” oh my god I am not joking here it smells more like chocolate orange than an actual Terry’s chocolate orange! He was selling them for AMAZING deals 4 for £10 or 1 for £3 and the big ones were £10 but honestly they are worth it. My mum bought 4 and I can’t wait to burn them.

I want a business card
The final place I’m going to talk about was this cute little stall that sold plaques with funny Geordie saying on them. They might not mean anything to you if you aren’t from Newcastle or the North East but me and my mum were having a right old giggle at them. This is the PERFECT present for someone as they’re very well made and had lots of cute saying on them. They ranged from signs to place mats and I wanted to buy them all.



Tynemouth market isn’t all about cute little presents and vintage stuff thought you can buy almost anything there! There was a stall filled with tools, it may not have been the safest but hey it was a table of tools nothing’s safe about that. The thing about Tynemouth Market is it smells incredible there is soo much food being made and sold. Anything you want; Crêpes, sausages, pies, cakes, sweets, fish, nuts loads of stuff!




I love cute little signs and safe to say I was lost for choice! All over the market there was cute signs, some Christmas ones and some just normal all year round ones and I loved them all!
 I put this photo on instagram @7JessLaidler
I really enjoyed my few hours at the Market it’s a nice place to come to meet new people, try new things and get some good bargains. I got all 4 of the Twilight Saga books for £2.40 as they were 60p each and they are in really good condition and I can’t wait to read them! 

 Hope you enjoyed this post it feels good to be back!






*All photos taken and edited by me*






SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Jess I've fallen in love with your photography, also the short video at the end was so cute!

    ReplyDelete

F
© Jessica Rose. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig