Friday 15 August 2014

Everyday Make Up Bag

Hello everyone,

Today, I’m going to be doing a “What’s in my bag” post specially make up bag. This is my make up that I use every day of my life. (Well the days I wear makeup anyway) It’s really simple and quick because even thought I really enjoy applying my makeup I do not have time to waste. Up and out people.

Starting with the outer shell my make up bag itself is Ted Baker medium-ish size bag and I love it the bright red really stands out making it clear for me to see it lying around my room or in my junk filled bag. The bag itself has become dirty due to make up spillages but it is still in good condition and does its job of storing the stuff I put on my face on a daily basis.  Also, the small size makes it really convenient to carry around. This isn’t all the makeup I own I just keep all the essentials together rather than carrying around things I don’t use.


The first thing I take out of my makeup bag is my Rimmel Primer. As you can see I’ve cut it in half this is because I’ve nearly ran out and can’t afford to buy another one even thought it’s only like £6 this is a really good product I apply it all over my face as a base layer for my foundation.


Speaking of foundation the foundation I use is Rimmel’s famous “Wake me up foundation” I’m going to be honest here I don’t really like it and I’m just trying to use it all up so I can buy a new one. The reason I don’t like it is because it’s a very dewy foundation that makes me skin feel heavy and I don’t like that. However, saying that there are some good points about it.  With it being quite heavy duty it covers practically all imperfections you might have and the colour match is almost identical. I recommend this if you like a heavy duty foundation. I apply this with a really cheap foundation brush that cost me about £4 from boots. (UK drugstore)

The next thing I’ll use is again Rimmel this time it’s their “Stay Matt long-lasting pressed powder” I couldn’t agree more with its name it really is long-lasting I use it as a finishing powder over my foundation and it keeps it on all day. It’s a very light powder so it doesn’t feel like I have caked my face, it has enough coverage to be worn by itself on a good skin day or when you don’t feel like wearing a lot of makeup. I will always recommend a powder because it’s quick and does the job.


The final thing I apply to my skin is my Bourgeois blush, It doesn't have a lid because it broke but the lid did have a tiny mirror on it which was the most pointless thing ever it was so small so I guess it’s a good thing I lost it. I like this blush because it isn't massively bright it just makes your skin look a tiny bit pink and healthier.
Apologies for this AWFUL quality I'm unsure as to what happened
Apologies for this AWFUL quality I'm unsure as to what happened
Then I move onto the most important part of the face, eyebrows. If my eyebrow game isn’t hella strong I’m hella sad. I fill my eyebrows in with pencil rather than a powder and my favourite eyebrow pencil is again a Rimmel product. It is a really good colour for my skin and easy to apply and lasts longer than any of my other makeup. I could go to the gym or to sleep with my eyebrows still filled in and I can guarantee they won’t have smudged at al. It’s amazing I LOVE IT! Both my eyeliner and eyebrow pencils are Rimmel I like their products as they're long lasting and apply thickly and smoothly.

Eyebrow Pencil                              Eyeliner


Finally I move on my favourite part of my make up routine my eyes! I’m not going to get into too much detail as I am going to do an “Everyday Eye shadow Routine/Tutorial” at some point soon. I only ever wear neutral colours on my eyes because I don’t like coloured makeup and the browns complement my brown eyes.
I apply Mac and No7 eye shadows to my eyes and I love them. 
Mac                                                   No7

This palette is from boots (UK drugstore) and I’ve had it for a long time and never get bored of using it. It has a mix of matt and shimmer shades which I really like and of course the Mac eye shadow is flawless. Enough talk about that for just now.



The 2 brushes I use to apply/blend my eyeshadows are both Ecotools I couldn't tell you specifics as I don't know ones flat and green and the other one is circle and blue. I really enjoy them they're quality brushes.

On a brush note the brush I use to apply both my Stay Matt Powder and Blush is this beautiful rose gold Ted Baker brush. This brush is so soft on the skin and spreads the product evenly over the skin. Plus its pretty.

My liquid eyeliner is usually “L’Oreal’s Superliner” which lasted me about a year which is incredible as its literally amazing! However, when I finally ran out I wanted a cheaper verison as the L’Oreal one can be up to about £12 which is a decent price for the quality. However, I was shopping in Primark and came across their makeup selection and picked up this Liquid Eyeliner for only £1 I cant stress how good it is either which I was truly shocked about. I wasn’t expecting it to be good because you get what you pay for but it is very easy to apply and lasts all day! I recommend it especially if you are new to the whole liquid eyeliner situation and just want to give it a try. 


In terms of mascara I use Maybelline New Yorks "Colossal go extreme!" I think that's what it's called. I like this mascara because it leaves my lashes fuller without being clumpy or flakey. I dont actually know how much it was as my friend kindly donated it to me.


Finally, with an empty dirty make up bag that’s the end of this post I hope you've enjoyed reading about what I use daily. 

SHARE:

1 comment

F
© Jessica Rose. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig