Monday 25 August 2014

Hair Products

Hey gurls,
Today I’m going to do a “what’s in my bag” hair products addition.  My hair is quite long as it’s just about up to the top of my bum, I have been growing my hair for a long time and to keep it in good condition so that It grows I have been avoiding 3 things:
  •          Dying it
  •          Cutting it (other than a slight trim)
  •          Applying heat

These 3 things have been incredibly easy for me to avoid as I have never dyed my hair, I don’t want to go short (ever again the bob was a bad call) and I never go to the hairdressers because I find it awkward and uncomfortable and finally my hair is naturally curly and just does what I want it to so I don’t need to apply heat.
Starting off with the bag this bag is a “Leo Bancroft” bag which I got last Christmas I do believe and that came with a number of products, which I can’t remember but I still have 2 of them so I’ll talk about them later on. I like this bag because it’s a reasonable size so it fits everything in but can also be put out of the way easily.



In no particular order I’m going start with my shampoo and conditioners, I have two different shampoo and conditioners so I’m going to talk about both. My shampoo and conditioner I use on a regular day-to-day basis changes quite often depending on what’s on offer, how I feel at the time or what smells the best, but if I’m honest my all time favourite is “L’oreal Elvive Nutri-Gloss Shine” shampoo and conditioner this stuff smells amazing plus the bottles pink. What else do you want? A pink bottle, it smells good and leaves your hair silky soft until you next wash it that’s everything you could ever want.


The other shampoo and conditioner I love is by House of Holland (Henry Holland) I only use this for “special occasions” or when I’m feeling like I want to thoroughly clean my hair. This stuff is amazing because it really cleans your hair and removes ANY dirt! After I’ve used the shampoo my hair does feel dry like it’s taken out about 90% of my hair oils (which is why I only use it very occasionally) but then the conditioner adds so much back into it my hair never shins more I love it. I’ve had these for a long time maybe over a year because I use them so sparsely.

Because my hair is so long the ends tend to get very dry resulting in split ends and it doesn’t feel nice so to solve this issue I use 2 creams/serums’ one high street product and one higher end. The high street product is Herbal Essecences  “beautiful ends split ends protection cream for dry/dull ends” I use this one because it makes the ends softer but smells good too and I’m sure it’s around £6.50 which is a bargain since it does its job well and lasts a long time. In regards to the higher end product I actually bought this from the hair salon as my hairdresser recommended it to me, which in itself is a good sign. This is the “Joice K-Pak Colour Therapy Restorative Styling Oil” although I haven’t coloured my hair it works really well for damaged hair and again smells amazing. I use both of these on the bottoms of my every time I wash my hair when it’s still wet and I’ve just brushed it. What I love about hair serums is a little bit goes a long very way.



The next thing I have which I’m sure every girl has is Hairspray I just have cheap hairspray because I hardly ever use it. I only use it when my hair is up in a bun and I want it to stay there.


Another thing I have which I’m not sure which category it fits into is a Tony & Guy heat protection spray  I know I don’t use heat on my hair often but whenever I do I always protect my hair because I’m trying to grow it not damage it! Plus this one smells like hazelnuts which is always a positive.


Like I said before the “Leo Bancroft” bag came with some products and the only 2 I have left are the heat protection and the Sleeking serum. The reason I have these 2 left are because I never sleek my hair back into a pony tail or anything, so I haven’t needed to use this and I have my Tony & Guy heat protection so I’ve never really had a chance to try these products but they have received good reviews so I will get round to trying them eventually.

WOW what great quality
I cannot describe how good this hair mask smells oh my I don’t think there is words if I’m honest, I received this for my birthday and I am so grateful. It leaves my hair smelling amazing and so soft! I get really lazy especially with hair or face masks I just can’t ever be bothered to use them but when I can be bothered and use this It was definitely worth that extra 10% effort and 15 minutes of my life because my hair is so soft, smells amazing, and is super shiny and ah I want to go use it now! This hair mask says  "Argan Oil hydrating hair mask with Moroccan argan oil extract" I don't know what that means. 



If anyone is a fan of lush they will have heard of the famous “Snow Fairy” well since its limited edition I stock up. I love this because it smells AMAZING and can be used as body wash, bath bubbles AND shampoo like does it get any better! #3in1 Since it’s only out at Christmas I have to ration my supplies and only use it when I am in the mood for it and want my hair to smell well like fairies.



Since I don’t dye my hair I get bored incredibly easily! So I use beads and threads to braid my hair. I absolutely love doing this It just makes my hair so much more exciting and it’s so fun to do I was thinking of doing a tutorial but I’m not 100% sure cause it might be hard to explain and I’m not making a video.

Note: I keep these in a red pot that previously had a House of Holland hair mask in, which was great and I used it all really quickly.


So that was the contents of my hair bag don’t know if you cared but if you did hope you enjoyed it!


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I have just discovered your blog via Becca and I think its great! I am so jealous of your long hair as mine is just past my shoulders. Also please do a tutorial or show some pictures of your hair braids, they sound really interesting

    www.littlemisslife9.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thanks you :) and welcome!
      Also I think I might :D x

      Delete

F
© Jessica Rose. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig