Thursday 1 December 2016

The Christmas Tag | Blogmas Day 1

Via Tumblr
New drinking game: take shot every time I say Christmas.

Christmas is soon approaching us and boy am I excited, I can almost hear the sleigh bells.
Today I wanted to do The Christmas Tag as I saw it on my friend Becca's blog last year - link - and ever since I've wanted to do it.

When do you start getting excited for Christmas? 

I am always excited for Christmas, it's hands down the best time of the entire year. When do I think its socially acceptable to be excited for Christmas? I'd say November 1st. Halloween is over and Christmas is just beginning. 

Do you still have an advent calendar?

I do, every year I violently force my mother to buy me one. However, last year and this year I had to buy by own due to living in a different city. Last year when Jas and I were packing to go home we were desperately trying to find a place in our full to the brim suitcases for that chocolate advent calendar cause you know I wasn't leaving without it.

Do you have any funny Christmas memories?

Christmas is always funny in my house, Claire will say something silly, or JJ will make a snarly comment or more often than not my Nanna will call everyone the wrong name and say something totally unacceptable and we'll all be in fits of laughter rolling in mash potato. 

Every year we used to play Cluedo, I use the past tense as Mother has banned us from playing it anymore because us being us, we made up a whole new set of rules which lead to lots of cheating accusations, normally aimed at Claire I might say! 

So we aren't allowed to play anymore.


Talk us through your typical Christmas day...

We have a pretty standard Christmas i'd say. JJ and I refuse to get out of bed. Then after about half an hour of preparation and tweeting we finally crawl out of our pits, make my mum a cup of tea after being asked about a billion times, then head into the front room. We exchange presents, take photos, have breakfast and then sit around for a bit. We then finally head upstairs and get changed ready for our family members to come, we then continue to exchange presents, take photos and then complain we're hungry and ask Mum if it's ready every 5 minutes. We then eat as much as humanly possible. it's the best day of the year because Mum makes extra mash for me. What a hero. After that JJ and I head off to Dad's and eat more food, watch a film, exchange presents and then fall asleep on the sofa. 


What do you eat for Christmas dinner?

Christmas is just a big Sunday dinner with more people and Sunday dinner is my favourite meal of all time. There's meat of all kinds, lots and lots of veg, mash, gravy, Yorkshire puddings and oh my god the roast potatoes. Ok now i'm hungry, roll on 25th. The majority of my family h a t e Christmas pudding so Mum always gets a nice M&S pudding, one year we had these chocolate crackers and holy hell take me back to the best moment of my life please.

Do you have any Christmas traditions?

We don't really have any traditions now but when I was younger every Christmas Eve we used to go to the cinema or to a pantomime, but now we just watch films and drink prosecco in front of the fire. .
2010 Pantomime Life 

What are your favourite Christmas films?

There is simply too many to choose from, I have written a post about my top Christmas films, which is either live right now or going up soon. If I had to narrow it down to 3 I would say Nightmare Before Christmas, Arthur Christmas and Nativity. 

What are your favourite Christmas songs?

Now that is an impossible question, again I have written a post about this so I'll just go into brief detail - Santa Tell Me, Christmas (Baby Please Come Home), and Santa Claus Is Coming To Town but Justin Bieber version cause that's a bop and a half. 

Real or fake Christmas tree?

Hands down real, I have had a real tree my entire life and I will tell you this for free, there is nothing better than opening the door to the front room and being welcomed by the smell of the a fresh pine tree. That is Christmas. 

What is the best Christmas present you've ever received?

I have had 18 Christmas' on this blessed earth soon to be 19 I don't think I can answer this as I have had so many amazing presents 'cause my family and friends are just the best.


I hope you enjoyed day 1 of Blogmas, I am so excited to get started and push myself to do it. I am very busy with assignments and exciting festive things so I look forward to taking a couple hours break and writing. 



I hope you enjoy it as much as I'm going to.

Love you, see you tomorrow x

x
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. This was such a nice read and definitely got me into the Christmas spirit. Three cheers for your mom making extra mash!

    Aisling | anthologie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know im so excited for christmas now! I love mash ahah x

      Delete
  2. I am super excited for Christmas now! Plus I swear if I took a shot overtime you said Christmas I'd be in such a state lmao x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love christmas! Honestly I think we'd all be dead xx

      Delete

F
© Jessica Rose. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig