Monday 5 December 2016

Christmas Movies | Blogmas Day 5


I am a Christmas film fanatic, I will watch these films in July because why make a good thing wait? If I could only watch these films for 25 days of the year then whats the point? You might be screaming "but Jess they're Christmas films!" and to that I reply, "don't care."

Let's move on from that very passive aggressive rant and get into my favourite Christmas films, they are in no particular order because that is too much pressure and honestly, I am unwilling to do it.

Warning: this might be a long list I love so many. Don't say I didn't warn you.


Nativity -
The first one though, others are a train wreck - sorry Tennant you tried.

What an absolute belta film. Beth and I adore this film and when I tell you we watch it constantly, we are not lying. Martin Freeman in this film is my dream husband.

Nativity is a story about an underappreciated primary school and their production of The Nativity, but apparently Hollywood is coming to make a movie and a book out of their play... spoiler: they're not.

Very good, very funny 5 Elves.  Soundtrack is unreal.

Arthur Christmas -

This is a film that my mother and I always watch on Christmas Eve, it's so cute and funny. This is the film that really makes me feel christmassy.

It's a story of Arthur and his journey to deliver a forgotten present. He get's into trouble and causes mayhem.

Solid 4 elves.


The Polar Express -

Hot Chocolate anyone? Hey we got it hot hot hot.

This is the epitome of animated Christmas films if you ask me, this film is so sweet and entertaining. I love the songs in this film and there's a really good part where the 3 main kids go down the train tracks. Reminds me of the mine train.

The story follows a young boy who gets on the train heading towards the North Pole and he's relatively annoying but like I don't hate him. He makes friends and learns a few solid life lessons on his way to see Santa.

5 elves.


The Nightmare Before Christmas -

Even though no one can seem to decide whether this is a Christmas or Halloween film I take it upon myself to watch it for both holidays.

This film is so beyond good, I remember the first time I watched it. I was in Emma's old house and she was telling me how it was one of her favourite films ever so we decided to get under blankets and watch it. Ever since that day it's been one of my favourite films of all time.

The story follows Jack Skellington who is bored of his own holiday (Halloween) and goes on a search for a new one and discovers Christmas and tries to steal it. But like not like the Grinch.

5 elves - Tim Burton is a genius. Plus banging soundtrack.


How The Grinch Stole Christmas -

Speaking of the Grinch, I couldn't possibly make a Christmas film list without mentioning this little green guy.
The Grinch is such a classic, from the Dr Seuss books to the Universal film.

This story follows a little girl called Cindy Lou Who, she is intrigued by The Grinch and wants to make him love Christmas. It's so cute and fun and I really love it.

4 Elves.

Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer Island of Misfit Toys -

A lot of people have never heard of this and honestly that hurts my soul. It's hands down my favourite Christmas film. That's saying something.

It was released in 2001 and follows the story of Rudolph and an elf who wants to be a dentist. Bare with me... it's good.
It's full of really catchy songs and it's got that old animation feel that makes you remember being a kid and not having all these adult responsibilities. ah nostalgia my old friend.

All the elves.

Elf -

Need I say more?

5 Elves

The Santa Clause Franchise -

Last but not least the single greatest Christmas film franchise. Tim Allen stars in this series and honestly is nothing short of perfection. 

The story follows Tim Allen's character Scott Calvin when the previous Santa Clause falls off his roof. The franchise follows him and his extended family and their life with Scott being Santa. He gets married, fights Jack Frost oh and the North Pole is ran by a plastic Santa clone for a while.. yeah that actually happens. 

Such a good 3 films to sit and binge next to the fire with a hot chocolate. 

Every elf.


I'm off to wrap up in blankets and watch all of these now, enjoy!
See you tomorrow x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

F
© Jessica Rose. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig