Tuesday 9 September 2014

DIY Tops

Are you bored of the same clothes? No clothes you like? Wanted to be cool and individual? Well keep reading I have an exciting post for you lovely people today.

This all started because I love the Disney Pixar Film Cars and I wanted some “merchandise” basically I wanted to rep it. Sadly I am not a infant boy child so they decided I’m not allowed to buy cars tops so I was like “fine then I’ll make my own”

This is literally so simple it only took me a while because I was scared I was going to get it wrong but now I could easy do it in 5 minutes tops (pardon the pun) 


Step 1: Buy a cheap top £2.50 from Primark men’s (don’t hate)


Step 2: Buy transfer paper £2.50 Wilkinson’s 


Step 3: Choose an image off the interwebs “______transparent”

Step 3: Print off said image to check size on t-shirt

Step 4: (This step is important) make sure you turn “mirror image” on especially if you have writing also if your printer has a “transfer paper” setting put that on.


Step 5: Print image onto white side on transfer paper


Step 6: Cut image out about 5mm’s from edge of image.



Step 7: Place top on ironing board and place imagine face down in the place you want it.

Step 8: Iron on over 160 degrees and apply slight pressure to image (iron in circular movements)

Step 9: Wait for transfer paper to cool (90 seconds)

Step 10: Carefully remove transfer paper and enjoy your new shirt.
 
Shout out to my feet 

This works with literally any image which makes it great for personalising gifts or making your own band merch. Enjoy your new shirt that only you have for a large price of £5 #bargain 

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Actually it works better if you cut right on the line of the picture (I know that can be hard when it's a complicated image) cos then you don't get a shiny opaque outline. And also you should iron it on with another piece of fabric over the image transfer paper.

    ReplyDelete

F
© Jessica Rose. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig