Tuesday 30 September 2014

Crazy Times | The Vamps

Sorry it’s been so long guys I’ve been SUPER busy but that’s okay because I have a very special blog post today!

If you recall all the way back in June I wrote a blog post about my favourite band The Vamps and I asked a couple of my friends what you think about The Vamps and got their opinions...

WELL NOW ... on Thursday (25/09/2014) I went to see The Vamps in Newcastle City Hall they’re currently on their first ever headline tour which Is absolutely crazy #CrazyTime Especially since today (30/09/2014) is the anniversary of their first single “Can We Dance” I am a very proud little “Vampettes”  These 4 boys have taught us that literally anything is possible if you believe in it and that in itself is so important. They came from practising in a garage to being stage and performing in London’s famous O2 arena 7 times in less than a year its madness.

Anyway, getting on to my experience because well it’s a good one.

The day started off full of nerves and doubt due to the fact that the day before my 2 friends Beth and Amy had just met James McVey (Guitarist) which happens to be their favourite so being me I put a lot of pressure on myself that I NEEDED to meet my favourite Brad Simpson (Lead vocals but also a man of many talents) but do I meet them?! You’ll have to read on to find out.

Much to my resentment I had to go to school during the day until 3.35 and honestly throughout the whole day the only thing I could think about was that people will already be at the venue potentially meeting them. Finally, the final bell went and it was go time! I ran out of school jumped in my mum’s car and went home to get ready.

My outfit for the concert was my Vamps top which I had made which had a picture of the boys on the front and then on the back said “Team Simpson” I made this top by doing an iron-on transfer which I have written a post about so you can check that out here. I didn’t want to buy one because personally I don’t really like the style or design so I made my own. I just paired this with some dark denim skinny jeans and my white converse. I didn’t bring a jacket because I knew I would get hot and it’s just another thing to carry.

Thanks Mother for taking this #LynnLad

Onc I met my friend Hannah at the metro It was about 4:10 and we jumped straight on the metro on the way to Newcastle (20 Minute Journey) but a only few hours ago James had tweeted asking people to bring Cat pictures to hold up when he sang Move My Way so obviously we wanted to for fill his request. So I and Hannah were sat on the metro eating chicken wraps and gluing cat pictures onto pieces of card.

Once we arrived at City Hall the first thing I did was walk up to two girls who were sat at the front of the venue and I asked “do you know if anything has happened yet? Have I missed anything?” go Jess great first impression. I then took these two girls under my wing as it was their first concert and said “come on lets go meet the vamps” obviously they didn’t hesitate and swiftly joined us.

The four of us walked around to the back door to a group of about 17 girls who again I approached them saying “what have I missed?! I’ve just arrived IS BRAD HERE!?!” and I was informed that James and Joe (manager, beautiful man) were inside the tour bus next to us and the other boys were inside doing sound check stuff.

I met some AMAZING people at the back door all of us waiting for a glimpse of the 4 boys we love unconditionally. After James had ran back inside more girls came and it all got kind of hectic.

Whilst we were all standing around waiting 3 BEAUTIFUL boys came around handing out leaflets to promote their band “The Secrets Music” who are a small band that started exactly like The Vamps did, on YouTube doing covers. Luke, Josh and Lewis are 3 lovely lads who were so nice and I’m so glad I met. Once they handed me a flyer the first thing I said was “oh my god that photos so cool I want to do that with my friends ITS SO COOL LOOK!” showing everyone the photo even thought they were holding a flyer themselves. Why do I do this? I’m too confident talking to people I don’t know it’s just word vomit. Luke was just standing around whilst Josh and Lewis talked to some fangirls and so I took it upon myself and beckoned him to me and a group of about 7 of us that had all just met and we all started to chat. I was mesmerised by his beauty, anyone who knows me knows I like brown haired boys who aren’t that tall. This is Luke.  We spoke for about 5 minutes and took selfies and I followed them on twitter I also got a selfie with Josh as I said “I like your jacket, I’m quite a denim jacket enthusiast myself” who says that? Why am I so bad with first impressions! Lewis walked over to me making a really weird noise with this hands and mouth and I didn’t know what was happening and so I recorded him doing it and I have showed so many people this 6 second video so confused every time and it’s just a blur of “I’m so confused” “how does that happen?” “I really don’t get it” I am so glad I met these 3 lads because they’re so great and we have endless twitter banter and I really hope they go far because from my impression of them they deserve it.

Luke

Josh

Lewis

After what felt like about an hour the 4 boys everyone was waiting for finally appeared and I did something really stupid *ashamed* I stopped Brad with my whole body and had the PERFECT selfie opportunity but my camera was facing the wrong way (not on selfie mode) he just laughed and carried on walking I was really upset and angry at myself.  I HAD ONE CHANCE. Perks of camera being the wrong way I got this BEAUTIFUL photo of James.



I mentioned before that I met some amazing people at the back door and honestly I did, The Vamps do incredible things from making music to bringing people together. I have spoken to some beautiful people online who live in America, London, Carlisle, Hartlepool and a few more places around the UK all because of 4 boys being the topic of conversation. I met The Secrets because of The Vamps If they didn’t come to the back door I would have no idea about them. I actually nearly lost my voice before I had even got into the venue due to singing outside and directing people so we could make a gap so the boys could get from the bus to the door. It was amazing to see so many people get along, singing and just talking I honestly loved it and I have stayed in contact with a couple of those girls I met and great friendships have been born.
Amy xox

First people I met

Paige xoxox 

2nd group and Hannah (Middle who I came with)

Never caught her name but she helped organise a gap

James liked this photo on Insta no biggy #Vamily


Love of my life Maddie <3

Once all the boys had gone back into the building after I got a slight Brad and Connor selfie we had all dispersed ready to go watch the show.
Connor

Brad. I'm classing it ok. 

Taking my seat just in time for Luke friend to come on which I’m not going to lie I didn’t really watch I spent my time running around the stalls talking to all my friends I had came with and had just made. Then Nina Nesbitt came and my friend Joanne Is a massive fan of her and Nina had announced she was going to be near the merch stands just before The Vamps come on stage so being the incredible friend I am, I made my way to the merch stand to try and get Joanne a video message but, honestly the crowd was insane! It was absolutely packed myself and Maddie spent the entire time trying to get back repeating “we’ve made a terrible mistake” finally out we returned to our seats.
I was incredibly lucky as I had bagged incredible seats (Stalls Row H) we were very close to the front and due to the fact people in front of us had gathered at the stage there was a large space in front of us making the 4 of us (Hannah, Beth, me then Ellie) really stand out singing and dancing with a massive smile on our faces.
That's Luke Friend

I had 2 connections with members of The Vamps during their set. The first was with Mr Bradley Will Simpson who kept trying to read my poster which said “I’m hella rad 4 Brad” and after he finally did read it he said “I hope you’ve all had a rad night” it was magical. My 2nd connection was with Mr Connor Samuel John Ball as during Cecilia I was so happy I couldn’t stop smiling and singing he looked over to me and we started SINGING TOGETHER ok guys I’m not even joking it was like 2 lines we locked eyes and were SINGING TO EACHOTHER it changed my life.

#MadeItMyself

Ok so this has gone on for quite a while so I’m going to insert some photographs that I have taken/ my friends due to my phone dying. I have realised whenever I go to concerts I just ask my friends to take the photos. I mean it isn’t a bad thing I don’t have to worry about it.



Me and Paige licked the bus #SorryNotSorry

CONNOR BALL 

Always time for a sandwich 

Shout about it 

#Jonnor 


Look how close I am to Bradley Will Simpson!

Oh Yeah brad plays the Piano


oh and the drums. Told you he was a man of many talents. 

Lucky people at the front

V.Sweaty post gig selfie.

I had such a good time seeing the boys and meeting new people I would do it all again anytime anywhere. Also make sure you check out The Secrets Music (@TheSecretsMusic) on Youtube and Twitter but stay away from Luke he’s mine #Juke
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I am pretty jealous of you, it looked like you had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did was amazing! Met some amazing people too x

      Delete

F
© Jessica Rose. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig