Monday 9 June 2014

Somebody To You



So The Vamps just dropped their new music video “Somebody to You” featuring Demi Lovato  literally hours ago! Let’s just say there have been some mixed opinions. I am going to be doing a post ALL about everything vamps which will be up on Sunday so keep an eye out for that!

Within the video we see the 4 boys messing around in LA playing football and eating (the usual) then the band holds a small gig on the beach. The whole video has a really fun summer vibe to it, which I LOVE! The boys really worked hard on this track and the shooting took a couple of days much to our anticipation as daily they released a short Instagram video counting down the days to the release.

The song is called “Somebody to you” so let’s be honest we expected some girls to be in it, Brad had already kissed a girl in their “Can we dance” video so why was there an issue? Well... I think now there are a lot more female fans that adore the boys and will get jealous even though there is no kissing in this video they is A LOT of flirting and I must admit I was a bit jealous when I saw Laura Marano she truly is beautiful!

I think the reason the video received mixed opinions is because the girls are “perfect” they’re shown in bikinis and shorts throughout. I mean yes it’s LA and yes its hot but you know what I mean. A lot of the “Vampettes” are teenage girls who will feel self conscious anyway and may feel like they will never be good enough. Many girls fanaticise about meeting or dating a band member and they might now feel like that dream will never come true. You might be saying “Jess is this not all a bit extreme loads of music videos have girls in bikinis” and yes I agree, however the boys have a massive impact on their fans and they should know this and taken it on board. I understand that they didn’t direct the shoot or choose the girls however; they will have had some say and might have even expected this kind of reaction.

Let’s just talk about Demi Lavato for a second. She looked SO GOOD in this video! We all know that Demi is an incredibly talented artist and she features on this track and it AMAZING!

Personally I love this song and I do love this video and I hope that many others will too as they have worked incredibly hard on it and personally I am incredibly proud of them.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

F
© Jessica Rose. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig