Sunday 8 June 2014

Maleficent

Hey everyone!
Today is Sunday which means its "Review Sunday"

So as you will know Disney have a new film called “Maleficent” which is in theatres NOW! I went to see it with a few friends on Tuesday. We were sat 3 rows from the front as the screen was jam packed of Disney fans all super excited to see Angelina Jolie rocking wings and horns.
Maleficent is a new spin on the old classic Sleeping Beauty. The film is from “the villain” Maleficent’s perspective so you get a really different feel to the story. The plot itself is very different and you see Maleficent go through a range of emotions as you follow her story which has never been told.  A beautiful classic is now a 3D wonder for all ages.

We planned to watch it in 2D but the only 2D showing was sold out so we went for the later 3D showing, I’m not a massive 3D fan myself but honestly it was totally worth it. It wasn’t the kind of 3D where things fly at your face and you’re constantly on edge the entire time. It was the kind of 3D where all the colours were brighter and appeared almost magical, almost as magical as Angelina Jolie’s cheekbones. I am not joking when I say I had eyebrow and cheekbone envy. Every single female in that film had PERFECT eyebrows I couldn’t help but stare. Well done make up department.

If I was to rate this film I would give it “4 stars” because, it was made beautifully and was incredibly enjoyable. But the issue I had was that it was meant to be from a different perspective of what happened in the old classic Sleeping Beauty however, Disney changed the story line to reveal a plot twist which was good but personally I would have preferred it if they stuck to the original story line. But other than that it was excellent and I would recommend going to see it.

I am a massive Disney fan myself and I defiantly loved this film and shall be purchasing it on DVD. The recent animated Disney film Frozen has caused a lot of hysteria around the world and I’m sure that Maleficent will do the same! Another amazing Disney film that will be added to the collection.

Note: These is not my image it’s an official Disney poster for the film.





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

F
© Jessica Rose. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig