Sunday 15 June 2014

The Vamps

Hey everyone!
Today on “Review Sunday” I am going to be talking about the new up and coming band “The Vamps” I am a HUGE fan of the boys (I mean come on have you seen them?) but that’s ok everyone has their own opinion and “Review Sunday” is where I share mine. Please leave a comment on what your opinion of whatever I’m reviewing are and suggestions of what you want me to review. Anyway enough chit chat let’s get on with it.

So just incase you’ve been living under a rock or something here’s a little bit of info about who The Vamps are and why they’re the new up and coming band. The Vamps are a British Pop Rock band made up of 4 members; Bradley Will Simpson (lead vocals and guitar), James McVey (Lead guitar and vocals), Connor Ball (bass guitar and vocals) and Tristan Evans (drums and vocals) The boys all individually had YouTube channels where they uploaded covers and that is how the band got together. The band was signed in November 2012 with Mercury Records only months after the band had formed. The band has an incredible manager Joe O’Neill who also manages “The Struts” Joe has given them incredible opportunities. The band have been support acts for artists such as; The Wanted, Selena Gomez, Taylor Swift and McFly. They have also played several festival-style events around the UK such as Radio 1’s Big Weekend.

The Vamps have done INCREDIBLY well very quickly I mean it does help being incredibly attractive and very good at what they do. On 29th of September 2013, The Vamps released their debut single “Can We Dance” which is a fun feel good song that shows off their personalities the song was very popular and reached Number 2 on the UK singles chart which is amazing for their first single. I love this song because it’s a fun song you can definitely sing and dance along to. They also released 2 more singles “Wild Heart” and “Last Night” which also did AMAZING! Increasing the bands popularity ready for their big album release!

“Meet The Vamps” I know we would all like to meet them I know but unfortunately that’s not what I’m referring too here. Their new debut Album “Meet the Vamps” was dropped on 14th April 2014 and it’s AMAZING! The songs are written by the band so they’re personal to them and relate to things in everyone’s lives. The Album consists of 15 songs with a mixture of upbeat and some slower songs, perfect for whatever you feel like listening to. The Deluxe Edition has 3 bonus tracks; on the floor, Golden and fall.  I love this album it’s definitely an album I could listen to on repeat. Brads voice is perfect on every song; he has the ability to change his voice to match the feel of the songs. What I mean by this is if it’s an emotional song such as “She’s The One” you can really feel the emotion in his voice and with a fun happy bouncy song such as “smile” you can hear this he is truly happy and it brings a smile to my face. Pardon the pun.
I love The Vamps not just because their music is excellent and they have a bright future ahead of them but also because they’re wonderful people. I haven’t been fortunate enough to meet the boys yet. (One day people, one day it will happen and it will be magical) but I can tell from how they react with fans they have met and in interviews etc they’re genuine lads and because they came from different places and grew together as a band they have different personalities which bounce off each other making their friendship stronger therefore making their band stronger.  

My Favourite member of the band is Brad because he has an INCREIBLE voice! Sometimes I have to listen to their album in bursts so that it doesn’t get too much for me to handle. Yeah I’m a fangirl. Judge me. It’s so hard for me to pick a favourite song from the album but if I had to chose 2 I would pick “Last Night” and “Lovestruck” I would pick Last Night because it’s such a good song to sing and dance along to but also it was the point where everyone knew the band was going to be big and produce great things. The song was a MASSIVE hit and got to Number 2 on the UK Singles Chart. I also love Lovestruck because Brad sounds amazing and you can feel the emotion behind the lyrics and I just LOVE it.

I am lucky enough to see the boys 4 times this year. That’s right FOUR! Yeah I can’t believe it either. I saw them for the first time in February when they supported Taylor Swift at London’s O2. It was incredible to see a young boyband who had only released 2 singles at this point get everyone up on their feet singing and dancing. I knew at that moment that I was going to love them. I had listened to a couple of their YouTube songs and had heard their singles but I wasn’t as big of a fan then as I am now. Then when I saw them again at The Wanted in March Last Night had been released and I loved them. They’re absolutely amazing live if you get a chance go and see them! I am going to see them this June at North East Live and then again in September when they embark on their own tour which is going to be so good I can’t wait!



Because everyone’s opinions are different I asked a couple of my friends what they thought of The Vamps and here is what they think:


I am defiantly a fan of the vamps because I enjoy their music as it’s quite upbeat and makes me happy whenever I listen to them. I love all of them however I think James Mcvey stands out the most because he is just beautiful and talented and I like that he plays guitar aswell. However, I really like Tristan because he is very good at playing the drums in the group and stands out to me as he’s quite shy and just like the other members is truly grateful to be where he is. I love a lot of their songs so I find it hard to choose just one, because they're all so good! I love the vamps so much and I'm very proud of the boys!
-Amy @amy_wilson12


I am a big fan of the vamps and I am very excited that I will be seeing them 3 times this year! They’re incredible live as they interact with the crowd waving and smiling getting the crowd excited. Even though they have only supported and played occasional gigs for example: Radio Disney Music Awards and Radio 1’s Big Weekend they’re natural performers especially Brad he was born to be on stage. I love all of the members but my favourite vamp would have to be James! I love him so much he's got a beautiful voice and a beautiful face. My favourite song from Meet the Vamps would either be Girls on TV or Somebody to you (the non Demi Lovato version). I think the vamps are great because they have a unique sound and have worked very hard for all of their success and they really deserve it!
-Beth @13Bethr


I know a lot of people love James and Brad the most but personally I love Connor! He’s blonde like me but also he is very sweet and his smile is so adorable it makes me melt. I love The Vamps because they have worked to get where they are, it wasn’t just handed to them on a plate. I enjoy writing music and playing guitar so I love that aspect of them I always like artists who write their own songs I feel like they’re a lot more personal. My favourite songs from the album are: “Somebody to you” and “She was the one” I love somebody to you because it puts me in a good mood and I can defiantly relate to “She was the one” on an emotional level. 
-Joanne @bombayunicycle
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

F
© Jessica Rose. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig