Sunday 1 January 2017

2016


I feel like I blinked and 2016 was over. What a crazy, awful, weird year we've all had. Globally 2016 wasn't great and with the new US government im scared to think of what 2017 will bring. We lost so many legends and loved ones this year it's hard to swallow the reality of the year we've just had.

Personally 2016 wasn't the worst year I've ever had. It was never going to compare to the 2015 I had due to last year being hands down the best year of my life, I have had some great times this year but also some awful moments but hey that's life.

Moving into a house

Since I moved out of halls this year I signed for a house with 3 of my uni best friends and we have had a right old giggle in this abnormally large student house. We have held a number of themed parties and had a lot of fun considering we only got fully settled in September. I love living in a house cause we have a massive TV and it's always a sleepover. Hands down the best part about living in the house is coco. Coco is a dog we look after twice a week and I love him.


Vamps 

This year was a big year for my friends and I, especially my vamps friends we have all seen a hell of a lot of each other this year and I freaking love it! I love seeing my girls they are the best thing that's ever happened to me, this year they really have became my best pals and not just on the internet. Also this year I got to see The Vamps a surprising amount of times at tour and a lot of signings. Brad even wrote my tattoo.



Blogging

In 2016 I really focused on my blog and fell in love with writing once more. This time last year my blog hit 27k and now as I'm writing my blog is currently on 51k and that to me is absolutely insane. I couldn't be happier with my little place on the internet. Jessica Rose has given me so many amazing opportunities and 2016 has really shown me just how much I love blogging.
Also this year I worked with a few brands and expanded my "business" even so that I was given my own app which is so exciting I could cry.
It's all thanks to my readers tho so thank you x


Anxiety

Lets talk about my brain. I opened up a lot about my mental health issues this year and it surprisingly really helped me. Talking to people on twitter and stuff has allowed me to truly accept my brain.
My goal of 2016 was to try and over come my anxiety and even though the battle is no where near over I refuse to give up.

If you're reading this and suffer from any mental health issues I encourage you to use 2017 to focus on you and get the help you need! You wont regret it.


What I've learned

Kylie Jenner was right, 2016 was the year of realising stuff. I realised that I am surrounded by amazing, wonderful, happy humans that make my life so happy. I finally feel truly happy and It takes a lot to admit that, I realised that happiness isn't a lifestyle, it isn't something you can buy or be gifted happiness is always there and it pops in to say hello when you least expect it.
I realised that I am talented and I can do anything I set my mind to. 2016 threw a lot of hurdles at me, some that knocked me down and some that I jumped straight over. I am so happy with my progression this year and I have loved this year.


Thank you

2016 was a pretty good year I must admit. I met the vamps a lot I saw my best pals more than I could have expected, I booked a trip to Disneyland Paris and I finally met Perrie. It wasn't all bad even if the world has gone to shit and my favourite princess has passed on I-we have to look on the positive side of it all.
I achieved some pretty cool things this year and I have been able to share them all with you so thank you to my readers, followers and friends even if we are a small "community" (if we can even call it that) you all make me so happy. We hit 50K this year! Do you know how fucking insane that is!!

I love you,
Here's to 2017 x

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Ah it sounds like an amazing year, I hope 2017 is just as good for you!x
    constantlylibby.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

F
© Jessica Rose. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig