Sunday 10 May 2015

The Vamps | Arena Tour 2015

Hey guys, you may recall back in September 2014 I went to see my favourite band The Vamps live at City Hall on their first headline UK tour, well I have some news. On the 4th of May 2015 I saw these 4 boys again, this time at Metro Radio Arena on their SOLD OUT UK arena tour. Feel old yet?

Well I'm here to tell you a story about how I rejected James McVey when he told me he loved me.

It started a few months back when myself and Ellie anxiously waited in an online ticket queue for WowPit tickets, it was so stressful that I was just sat on the end of her bed with my eyes closed hoping for the best, but the best did happen and we got them. Fast forward 5 months and it was
7:30am and I was on FaceTime to Emily stressing out, more than i've ever stressed as at 9am on March 9th 2015 Vamps Sound check and Meet and Greet tickets were coming on sale. After stressing for about 8 months and waiting almost 3 years, I was finally meeting the boys.

So, Saturday 2nd came around, almost too quickly and Emily headed from the countryside to my home in Whitley Bay, we took selfies, planned and slept.

Then on Sunday 3rd of May myself and Emily ventured into town to meet Emily Wilkinson, Laura Wallace and Amy O'Neill and well, I was beyond excited. Once in town the excitement of seeing my favourite people was kicking in and I had no idea what to do with myself. Then  the moment came and in the middle of Eldon Square outside Hollister, I was reunited with my favourites.


We didn't really know what we wanted to do on the Sunday apart from meet James McVey but as we were walking around Eldon Square I received a tweet from Maddi saying "oi you just walked past me" I couldn't quite contain myself. I had met Maddi, Hannah and Eve back in September at City Hall and hadn't seen them since. We then proceeded to spent the entire weekend with them. We were just chilling outside Claire's and Boost and going on adventures to pound land when Maddi received a tweet which confirmed that The Vamps were going to be staying at the Hilton Gateshead. It was go time.


Upon arriving at the hotel at about 1:30pm some girls came up to us that rememebered me from back in September so we got talking to them and told us they were planning on forming a line so we are organised and hopefully the boys will come out. I was literally so happy about this because Newcastle fans have a pretty bad reputation and I had wanted to get rid of this, so the fact others were willing to cooperate made me really happy. During this time I met Georgia, as she was ranting about some people and I was agreeing. During the time we spent at the hotel we made some friends, gained some Twitter followers, took selfies, got favourited by Waddy.

During the day, we had heard a few rumours that the boys might be staying at the Malmaison, so a few of us decided to take one for the team and go and check. At the exact moment we arrived Emily got a phone call from Amy. The tour bus was at the Hilton. Typical. I have never ran so fast in my life. I got back to the Hilton at the exact point where Bradley Will Simpson stepped out of the tour bus in his green Harrington jacket and a beanie waving and blew a kiss to us. When I tell you a part of me died right their I mean it. I have ALWAYS said when I eventually selfie with brad I want him to be wearing his green Harrington. Everything was happening too fast.

So it all seemed to be good news, the hotel had been confirmed, Brad was wearing his green jacket, all my friends are here but then, the police man came over after he had spoken to security and then said  "it's bad news" I just started crying. Apparently the boys were "too tired after travelling" I don't want to talk smack about them but you can imagine how we were all feeling at this moment. Myself and Georgia cried for quite some time and it was at that moment that I knew we were going to be good friends.
People started to leave the hotel at about 8pm but we stayed for a bit longer and Waddell Solemon walked past us and we asked for selfies and he said "Waddy doesn't do selfies" iconic.
The Waddell Solomon
At about 9pm we all decided to go home and made a plan to come back as early as possible, so myself Emily and Amy all headed back to mine. We got in, cleared my phone onto the computer, sorted bags out, put things on charge and slept.

5:30am May 4th 2015
Today was the day. The day I had been waiting for longer than I can even imagine.
The day I was going to meet Bradley Will Simpson.
We were up and out of the house by 7am on way to the hotel, A little later than I would have liked...Amy. In all the commotion we forgot our gifts for the boys but we did remember our letters which were the most important thing. We arrived at the hotel and Emily, Laura, Charlotte and Clodagh were already there saving us a spot. The people of the hotel had promised us the night before that they would put barriers up so we could meet the boys, but typically there was no barriers in site.
During the next few hours loads more of us arrived at the hotel; Leah, Georgia, Hannah, Anya, Maddi, Eve, Hannah, Lucy, Hope and LOADS of others! We started taking loads of selfies and playing that game where you stick post-it notes with a name on to your forehead and you have to guess who you are, I was Waddy. We got about 3 rounds in and then it all began.


Maddi had been tweeted and Dm'd by none other than James McVey himself, promising that he would come out and see us.
About 45 mins later, a nice man in gym atire made us que up at barriers cause JAMES MCVEY WAS ABOUT TO COME OUT this photo explains my emotions.
11:08am May 4th 2015
Finally, the moment we had all been waiting for, James Daniel McVey was about to be in front of us. After waiting and watching him meeting other fans in front of me, it was my turn. I was uncontrollably shaking, due to the fact I was internally freaking out, so James took my phone and was like "i'll do it". 
James. Daniel. McVey. Was. Holding. My. Phone. Taking. Selfies. With. Me. 
After he took photos I said "Please can I have a hug" and he did a little smile and hugged me, and it was honestly the best hug I have ever had. In my photo I look so over whelmed it makes me giggle.
Nate from the Tide also came out with James, in weird slippers. 


After James went off to the gym we all cried for a bit, ate sandwiches and told Amy that myself and Emily had bought her a Meet and Greet ticket as an early birthday present. Unfortunately she had cried so much about James that there was no tears left. Which is a shame, I wanted her to cry. After all the commotion we decided to sit back down, go to the toilets, sort ourselves out in case the other boys decide to come out. 

12:52pm May 4th 2015
Whilst we were sat down sorting ourselves out, Hannah Snowdon suddenly blurted out "James Mcvey is over there" HOLY HELL. I ripped my phone out of my phone charger and dragged Georgia over there at lightening speed. Georgia and Emily Hutchinson hadn't got their James photo's the first time and so I personally made it my mission to get them their photos as they deserve them so much. So I was frantically pushing them forward and they both got their photos I got my second James selfie which I took this time. 
Fun Fact: James McVey liked the photo of him and Emily on Instagram. 

2:48pm May 4th 2015
A few hours later the "good news hat man" as myself and Laura liked to call him, started bringing out the barriers and every single person ran across the road. It was happening
First came Con.
Then James,
Then Tristan, 

Then finally, the person I had been waiting about 3 years and 14 hours for had just walked out of the hotel. I heard screams but couldn't. I was asking everyone what he was wearing, was he in the jacket? Was he wearing a beanie? But before I knew it, Bradley Will Simpson was standing literally meters away from me, my heart dropped. It was happening. He means so much to me and this was the moment I had been waiting for, for so long. After the Bradcident I made it my life goal to get my Brad selfie and this was the moment. As you can see from the Tristan photo above I was slightly behind and I literally begged the 2 beautiful girls Ellie and Lauren to let me go in front of them for my Brad photo. We ended up taking turns and all getting photos and I am so thankful for these 2 beautiful humans.

3:08pm May 4th 2015 - Bradley Will Simpson took selfies with me and told me he loved me. 


3:15pm May 4th 2015
Before I went into VIP I was practically tackled to the floor by none other than Hannah-Mae Graham, I was so excited to see her but so in shock from meeting the boys that I had no idea what to do with myself so we just hugged and took a few photos. I met Hannah back in August on Instagram and she's basically my sister although we've never fully met, I love Hannah so much I can't quite explain it and it was so nice to finally get a photo with her. Next time we're going to selfie until we pass out, mark my words. 

3:20pm May 4th 2015 
We had really pushed it in regards to time to get to sound check check as I was going to wait until the very last minute to meet Bradley, so we put our faith in Emily and Google maps to get us their in quick time.
Once there we signed in and were given bracelets and VIP Lanyards. I had never done a M&g experience before so I had literally no idea what to expect, I was excited all the same.
4:00pm May 4th 2015
After waiting in a queue, touching up my make up and putting our letters and gifts into a box it was time to go into the arena for sound check.
I did not expect the boys to already be standing on the stage Brad saying "come on down" so naturally my heart was beating so fast, and I didn't know what to do with myself. I had been waiting for this moment for so long and it was finally happening, myself, Emily x2, Amy and Kirsty were about to go and experience sound check and q&a.

As soon as we got into Wowpit everyone was just sort of standing around so naturally I started a conversation with Brad... what.
Me: Hey!
Brad: Heello :D
Emily: How are you?
Brad: I'm really good, you?
Emily: Yeh
Me: I'm good thanks.
Because we had made ourselves known right from the start the interactions were only going to get better.


They started to sing somebody to you and as it said "Yeah you!" I did a little point to Bradley and he smiled, raised his eyebrows and winked at me. Magical.
After singing and dancing in the middle and being laughed at by Brad it was time for the q&a.

During the q&a I had a couple of interactions but mostly brad was just looking at me (bragging rights af) I was watching James answering a question and Kirsty slyly whispered to me "Brads staring at you" lmao turns out he was. Who knew?
1) Someone was talking about Tristan's facial hair and I said "you should grow it long like Gandalf" and Brad looked at me and laughed and turned to Tris and said "Please grow it long like Gandalf"
2) Someone asked Brad to do his party trick but he wouldn't in case he fell off the stage and I said "just do it" and he turned to me and was like "yeh haahah ill just do it" and smiled at me. Then bent down to ask Emily a question.

I truly loved sound check and q&a I highly recommend getting it, it's worth the money because you're so interactive with your favourite humans, whether you get it for the Vamps, All Time Low or even Susan Boyle its honestly amazing.

3:40pm May 4th 2015
The Tide came on for their Sound check, Drew and Austin spoke to Emily and it was all very exciting.

4:00pm May 4th 2015
My babies Union J finally came on for Sound check and sang All about a girl and Central Park and because I knew all the words Josh was singing with me and it was magical.


I had lost all concept of time by the point May 4th 2015
We were now waiting in the line for Meet and greet and i've never felt such fear and excitement all at once in my life.
As I waiting in the queue I was frantically trying to decide what I wanted to do in my photo and I decided I had no idea and was just going to wing it. I had forced everyone to let me go last out of our group so I could calm down a bit. Emily went before me and the guy said we couldn't hug them. Fuck that I didn't get my Bradley hug at the hotel I am getting it now!
It was now my turn, I was shaking and couldn't even look up. When I eventually did I locked eyes with Bradley and he smiled at me.
Me: Wait is this actually happening like right now?
Brad: What, is it?! I didn't know?!
James: I think it might be
Then I decided what I wanted my photo to be.
Me: Can we do like a squished up one?
Then they all squished into me and my body was smashed against Brads as he had his arm around me (not complaining) As I was leaving I hugged brad and said
Me: Thank you for everything
Brad looked me in the eyes smiled and said "You're so welcome"
Then as the guy was making me leave I hugged James and said "I have written you a letter and given it to the man with the box, do you promise me you'll read it?" and he replied,
"I promise, I love you so much"
I gasped and walked away.
That children is how I accidentally rejected James McVey when he told me he loved me. 


Goals. Actual goals.

6:30pm May 4th 2015
Meet and greet over, and now I was off to WowPit to meet Maddi, Hannah, Eve and Ellie was coming soon, I was shaking and practically crying. I was so happy to see that they had managed to bag a space at barrier, perfectly in the middle of James and Brad. I had to sit down due to the fact I was shaking and in so much shock. Eventually, I pulled myself together ran and bought some merch and then came back and sat on the floor against the barrier with Maddi looking at the tour programme. 

About 7pm May 4th 2015
After, myself Eve, Hannah and Maddi, had finished singing rolling in the deep as loud as humanly possible Luke Friend took centre stage. I had missed him back in September at last tour as I was standing outside waiting for The Vamps but I saw him this time and I was truly blown away by his talent and he had the audience singing, dancing and shining their lights within seconds. 
Next on stage was The Tide, I wasn't expecting much, they were good in sound check but I hadn't really heard any of their music but I did know that I was in love with Drew (thanks Emily H)  to my surprise I am pleased to say that they were truly amazing and I can't wait to watch them grow into an amazing band. There was a point in the middle of their set when Austin (lead) was telling a story about Levi (guitarist) and during this time Drew (guitarist) sat literally opposite me. No joke directly opposite me. We were like smiling back and forth and I stuck my hand out for him to like grab it, but instead he just casually handed me his guitar pick. The look of jealously in Emily Hutchinsons eyes when I turned around and smiled at her literally made my life, I was terrified but amused. But then Drew told her he loved her for like the 14th time so it's all good, we're even.
 

Before I knew it The Tide had finished their set and it was time for Union J, see I love Union J a lot. I think they're wonderful. Their set was absloutly unbelievable and they're so underrated and deserve to be at least 3x more famous, this night truly proved this. 



 8:53pm May 4th 2015
The moment 11,000 had all been waiting for, The Vamps were about to come on stage. The lights went down, the room filled with screams, my heart started racing and before I knew it I was holding Maddi's hand screaming as the 4 boys who mean the absolute world to me were casually walking on stage.
As soon as Bradley got onto the mic he looked to his right and saw me, looked me in the eye and then ran over to me. I just turned around to see 6 shocked faces behind me from my friends who couldn't quite believe that it had just happened. My face was probably an exact reflection of theirs.

During the show something absloutly amazing happened to my best friend Emily Hutchinson. The Vamps have been doing a thing for every show called #onstagewiththevamps and just before the show Manager Joe came over to her and told her that she had won! Safe to say we embraced at some force that Ellie knocked her onto the floor. I was honestly so happy for her, she deserved it so much. She did something iconic and went on stage and said "Shout out to the Dick Squad" that means us.

The boys played an unbelievable set just like I knew they would and I had the best seat in the house. The amount of times Brad James and Connor sang to the 7 of us was crazy and every time it was as much of a shock as the first.

The first note of Another World is where I started crying, and well I didn't stop. Not until I got onto the metro anyway. 
I can't quite explain how it feels to have a front row seat to happiness.
During, Risk it all which is my favourite song, especially live, all I did was stare at Brad and cry, nothing could break my eye contact with the most beautiful human on this planet. For a moment my entire world just stood still and I was truly happy. I can't begin to tell you how amazing this feels. 
I hope every single person gets to experience this feeling. 
I don't want to talk too much about the gig because this post is waay long but, I will say; It was truly amazing I can't wait until next tour and I'm going to go to so many more shows as I can physically afford. 
Here's some photos from the night taken by; Myself, Ellie Harkins, Clodagh Denham, Hope Allon, Emily Wilkinson, and Hannah-Mae Graham.
 I just want to take a moment of appreciation for the amazing friends I was reunited with this weekend and made this weekend. The Vamps have done so much for my life, this being the most important one. I have never had friends like these before, yes I love Amy, Beth, Ellie etc but these girls mean to much to me and I think it's because they're so much like me, but a billion times better. Your best friends don't have to be the same age as you, they don't have to live in your postcode, heck they don't even have to speak the same language as you, they just need to make you happy. Every single person I hugged, selfied with, laughed with makes me so beyond happy and I honestly couldn't be more thankful to have every single person mentioned in this blog post and more in my life.
Sometimes you find your best friends in the most unlikely of places. 

 Twitters:
@EmilyWilkinson0 
@Georgiaxx444 
@Dipshit_Calum 
@_amyoneillx
@hannahmae_g
@lauraxwallace
@leahmcgarvie
@hopeallonbws
@bandhannah_x
@ohheymcveyy
@citykidIou
@bradsraybans
@leviftsimpson 
@Bradleyysimpsxn
@anyamckean
@1975katie 
@loldaisychains
@mgclester
@Lucyelwx
 @Ellieekatexx
@phannwedance






SHARE:

6 comments

  1. This has to be my favourite post you've ever done (not just because I'm in it haha). It's cool you've used some of my photos from the concert too❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fact you're in it makes it so good, and that's okay I hope you don't minsx

      Delete
  2. This is so cute Jess, so glad you got to meet them and had such a great day! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becca and I still can't quite believe it

      Delete
  3. This is adorable #11-11works x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen Harkins. Don't give up on your dreams

      Delete

F
© Jessica Rose. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig