Friday 22 May 2015

Whitley Bay High School | Class of 2015


22/05/2015 An emotional day for many

Today marks the end of an era.
The end of 5 years with the same people, walking the same way, and being in the same building day in and day out.
It's weird to think that this 5 year journey has finally came to an end, in the mist of all the exam stress and prom planning I think we all kind of forget that today was going to come.
After so many memories it feels strange to be saying good bye to the big blue building we've all grown to love.
Although I have studied there through GCSE it has been A levels that I have enjoyed the most.
The opportunities, laughs, smiles, friends, and comfy chairs have all just been so amazing, its sad to say goodbye really.
I thought I was going to cry today but surprisingly I haven't, looking back upon all the memories not only shared by myself but by my peers was an amazing experience. The school trips, the class jokes, all the awkward moments, and that time a few of us were just a little bit too drunk only brought a smile.
Over my time at Whitley Bay High i've learnt a few things.
Firstly, the comfy chairs are for year 13's wait your turn.
"groups" don't matter, everyone's nice enough once you speak to them.
The teachers are so supportive, even if all that's happened is you've messed up your colour scheme they're willing to help.
But most of all, i've learnt to be yourself.  There's so much stigma about high school that just isn't true, this isn't high school musical it's okay not to stick to the status quo sometimes.

I want to take a moment to  thank every single person in my year, for the laughs, tears, anger, bubbles and just your kindness. Whitley Bay High was a place where we all grew, in height and confidence. Looking back at year 9 is a crazy experience; to think once I didn't know the people who I now don't know what I would do without is an odd experience.
I wish you all the best of luck in what ever you do.
Thank you WBHS.




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

F
© Jessica Rose. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig