Monday 28 December 2015

Hair Do or Don't


As someone with long ombre'd hair I am very cautious as to how much heat I put on my hair and what shampoo and condition I use etc however, that can sometimes be an unnecessary worry, which I know a lot of people get worked up about. So I am going to talk you through some simple hair do or dont's that Madison Reed, A hair care company, came up with so we can tackle some of those mysths and have healthy stylish hair. Try out their fun hair dye quiz too!

DO Colour Hair
Be experimental with your hair, it's a good accessory and don't be afraid to dye your hair crazy colours as you can use a healthier hair option as popular hair dyes you'll find in boots or superdrug are full of nasty chemicals which will damage your hair. However, products such as Radiant Colour Creams are full of keratin, Organ Oil and other good stuff which will help strength and protect your hair as well as giving it a nice colour.



DON'T Tie Wet Hair in a Ponytail 
It's not cute and can be much more damaging than you might think, as when your hair is wet the chemical bonds are temporarily broken, which means if your hair dries in a ponytail the hair might break and we definitely don't want that!


DO Shield your hair
Although the sun is great for getting a cheeky tan, the sun isn't so good for your hair. Too much Sun Exposure fades colour and weakens hair fibres which can lead to damage. That being said don't go wearing all summer long a few sprays of a  simple UV protection product will work just as well.


DO Use heat protection
You know what they say "if you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen" same applies to your hair, just replace the kitchen with your curling iron. I'm quite lucky as my hair is naturally curly however, I do like to straighten it every so often so to help keep my hair healthy and reduce my damage level I always prep with a heat protective, I recommend you do the same.



DON'T Rinse Hair in Cold Water
You might have heard the myth that rinsing your hair in cold water will help make it shine, well it wont, sorry. It's not true what they say about temperature opening and closing hair cuticles. To add a shine it's much better to get a shine shampoo and condition to give it a gentle natural shine.


DO Give it a trim
I am terrible with this one, I love my long hair and i've heard too many terror stories of people asking the hairdresser for as trim and coming out the salon with a bob. Never mind that, getting a trim is so good for your hair as it prevents split ends and helps your hair to grow. So forget the myths and get a trim every 6-8 weeks.


DO Get pregnant and dye your hair
Ok yes, you don't have to get pregnant to dye your hair, but if you already are I have good news! Dr Jan Hansen, board-certified OB/GYN confirmed that woman can colour their hair during pregnancy but DO consult your personal doctor first.


DON'T Shampoo Everyday
Personally, when someone tells me they wash their hair everyday it makes me cringe and I get quite upset about it. Washing your hair everyday can lead to loss of nutrition so if your hair is dry, frizzy and unmanageable, you might just be washing it too often. Decrease frequency and use a sulphate-free shampoo and condition, Madison Reed actually have their own which is worth a try, to help lock in colour and help make it more manageable again.


DO Ease the tension
Although a sleek, tight ponytail is a great way to get your hair out of your face or look like cat woman, don't make them too tight as tight ponytails, buns and even braids cause strain on your scalp and can eventually lead to hair loss and I don't think any of us want that! A great way to achieve these looks is to use a frizz-fighting Tame and Style to create a smooth look without having to drastically strain your hair.



Get gorgeous, healthier hair and more expert tips from Madison Reed!
www.Madison-Reed.com/blog



*I own no rights to any of these images*

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

F
© Jessica Rose. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig