Monday 7 September 2015

Blackpool | Ifest


So you may know if you follow me on my social media that I took a trip to Blackpool with my two friends Amy Clarke and Emily Hutchinson. After a long day of travelling which consisted of a mega bus and 2 trains we finally made it to the sea side resort of Blackpool. We went straight to our hotel (The Butterfly B&B) dumped our stuff, re-did our eyebrows and headed out the door to Blackpool tower to Ifest! 

Once we arrived at the venue we forced our way to our friends (Amy, Amy, Chelsea and Yasmin) who had been queueing since 10am so they were right at the front, lucky for us. Unfortunately we frantically ran for no reason as we missed out on barrier by an inch but we were only one person away from barrier so it was still a great time. 


 Ifest was a gig to kick off the Blackpool Illuminations so there was an array of artists performing from; Jack Walton to Professor Green and The Vamps there was someone to cater for everyone and lucky for me I liked everyone. I mean Gabz and Jedward even joined the party. What's not to love? 

About half way through the gig Brad and Tris decided it would be a funny joke to come out on stage and say hello. Safe to say I wasn't laughing, I nearly had a heart attack.



Speaking of The Vamps they were utterly incredible per the norm even if they only sang their "hits" it was still a great time as a majority of the crowd including us had came to see them. 
It was so nice the see the boys again I didn't realise how much I had missed them until they came on stage and I heard the first few notes of Somebody to you the tears started rolling off my face and the next thing I knew I was crying into Amy's arms. 
Jess saw brad and started crying. What's new?

I thoroughly enjoyed Ifest and I was surprised at the quality of the acts Jedward and Only the young were so surprisingly good and of course Pro Green and Lawson slayed as per. Oh and did I mention I fulfilled my life dream as I witnessed Toploader performing Dancing in the moonlight. Yeah I wasn't ok. 

How could we forget about the main reason ifest even occurred: The Blackpool Illuminations! Tim Burton himself turned hit the switch that lit up the town. I'm still confused as to why he had a claw. 


I'll leave you with some photos from the gig! 



I didn't get many photos of The Vamps due to the fact my phone was on 8% and i've seen them before. 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

F
© Jessica Rose. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig