Sunday 19 January 2020

Is PhotoPass Worth it? | Disneyland Paris


I have only been to Disneyland Paris twice so I am not yet an expert but I have been once with PhotoPass and once without so I feel like I at least know something.

In January of 2017 Amy and I didn't know what we were getting into so we didn't want to spend the extra forty odd pound on something we weren't 100% sure on. However, in September we decided to purchase PhotoPass and in my opinion it was a great decision.

PhotoPass tends to be a lot more common on DisneyWorld trips as you're there for longer and there is more photo-ops however in Paris we were there for 4 days and came back with a lot of photos.

What does PhotoPass include?
  • Ride photos 
  • Meet and Greet photos 
  • PhotoPass photographers around the park 
Which may not seem like much but I tell you it is. One of my favourite things about the PhotoPass is due to their only being two of us without asking random strangers like we did in January to take a photo of the two of us in front of the castle we got a professional photographer to take them.


 Another benefit of PhotoPass is ride photos, unlike in January where we bought photos in a frame 2 for twenty euros I do believe in September with PhotoPass we were able to access every single ride photo we wanted downloading them to the app. It was so simply we were go to the preview and scan the code or go to the desk and they would crop it to just us. This is possibly my favourite part of PhotoPass as both Amy and I love rides and roller coasters so to be able to prove we road space mountain 5 times in extra magic hours was just a funny bonus.


 Although Amy and I aren't massive character meet people it is always super exciting meeting your favourite characters, for Amy it was Jack Sparrow and for myself Darth Vader. Luckily for us both characters had PhotoPass photographers, the best part of that is you get to enjoy meeting the character without worrying about getting pictures of your friends. I got to enjoy the interactions we both had rather than worrying about getting photos. Meeting Darth Vader really proved how amazing PhotoPass is as when we were inside it was bright red lightening whereas on the final images they had been edited to normal colours which we couldn't have done if we took our own photos. The only negative is that not every character meet has a photographer but it makes all the difference in lightening such as the Princess Pavilion.


If it was up to me I would get PhotoPass every single time. I do think it's worth the money if you can afford that bit extra. Do I think its absolutely vital to your trip? no. Do I think its worth the money? Yes. If anything its worth it for the convenience, you get someone to take high quality fun images of your party and you get all your meets and rides. The main negative is that there isn't that much you can use PhotoPass for in Paris, there isn't a large amount of photographers just walking around or in photo ops I only saw them at certain character meets and outside the castle. Whereas on my trip to Florida there was photographers all over sometimes two or three in busy areas such as; down Main Street or in front of the castle.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

F
© Jessica Rose. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig