Tuesday 18 August 2015

Alnwick Castle


Fellow historians, muggles, and servants I am here to tell you a story about the famous Alnwick Castle where history was made through the Percy family, Harry potter magic was created and Downton Abbey well that was filmed there.
Myself and my dad took a spontaneous trip to the castle today after I told him I had only ever been to the Gardens. We went on a kind of celebratory you're going to university treat and honestly I loved it.

The day started off with food. I was absloutly starving since I had gotten up late so didn't leave my self enough time for breakfast which was clearly a rookie mistake. We couldn't find a parking space anywhere for about an hour but eventually we pulled into a little side street for a unreal pub carvery.


Being keen historians as soon as we got to the castle we went on a "castle tour" and learnt all the history of the building and the family who lives there in the winter and somewhere else on their vast estate in the Summer. Nice for some.
The Castle itself was build in the 11th Century, 919 years ago and is still so beautiful today.
The old guy who gave us the tour was nothing short of fantastic. Give that man a raise.

 

Being a massive Harry Potter fan I was very overwhelmed when I saw locations such as the place where they learnt how to ride brooms and Neville's Remembrall was stolen, was a magical time. Did you see what I did there? All around the castle there was little parts of me that continued to get overwhelmed knowing that Emma Watson had once stood here. Fun Fact: I used to be obsessed with that beautiful woman.

I didn't realise how many activities Alnwick Castle had to offer I just assumed it was the castle and that was it, boy was I wrong. There is so many activities such as; tours of filming locations, broomstick training, ghost stories in the dungeons, jesters and loads more and I was just so excited and over whelmed my dad must have thought I was crazy!

To my disappointment Broomstick training was fully booked so I couldn't do it, one day I will go back and learn how to ride a broomstick correctly and win the Quidditch World Cup. Mark my words.



I had such a good time, it was the best results day treat ever! I recommend you give it a try whether you like history or not because it was so fun and I wish we could have stayed for longer I loved it so much.













I forced a man called Brian to give me this

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

F
© Jessica Rose. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig