Sunday 8 March 2020

Skin Care Routine | Beauty


It’s safe to say I am culprit number one of not taking care of my skin. In all honestly it was something I just couldn’t be bothered to do, felt like another thing stopping me from walking in the door and clambering into bed but near the end of 2019 I sat myself down and said “look girl somethings gotta change you can’t just use and make up wipe and be done with it” so I went out and bought some new face stuff to motivate me to take care of my skin. I’m well aware it shouldn’t have taken for me to buy a new face wash to want to clean my face but it did so let’s move on.

I have always been blessed with quite nice skin, yes I get spots and blemishes but I am very lucky that I’m not prone to acne and I took that for granted. I often will roll out of bed in the morning and just do eye make up and eyebrows and not worry about face make up, I feel quite confident that I don’t need foundation but it does make my face look a lot better let’s be real.


I wasn’t quite ready to splash the cash just yet so I went for your standard drug store products. I’m going to try and explain to you my “skin care routine” if you want a name for it. I start off by taking the majority if not all of my make up off using micellar water. I’d always been that person who used a couple of make up wipes and was done with it but if I’m honest with myself my face was never fully clean but since using this B. Pure Micellar Water I truly feel like it gets the majority of my make up off. I got this bottle maybe a month ago and as you can see I’ve nearly used it all as I like to make double sure I’ve got as much off as I can, trip to the shops soon I don’t want to take my make up off with anything else now.

One time Beth told me that I shouldn't use micellar water to take my eye make up off and I thought to myself "no way am I buying another thing and added another step to my routine" but then when I went to Superdrug there was a buy one get one free offer on so I decided to get an eye make up remover. I really like this one, I chose the same brand simply for the offer but it works really well, honestly not sure if its better or worse than just using the micellar water but I am conforming to the skin care etiquette of buying more than you need and just going with it. I might update you one day at what I prefer but for now I'm using the B. Pure Eye Make Remover.


Once I’ve taken as much make up off as I possibly can I move into the bathroom and wash my face. When I was in boots I had no idea what face wash to get I just sort of stood there asking myself “do I have oily skin? Maybe it’s dry?” I was clueless so I settled on a pink one I like the smell of and I don’t regret doing that, could of been there for hours.

When I finally decided on a pink face wash that smelt like grapefruit I picked up Neutrogena's Refreshingly Clear Facial Wash and the Refreshingly Clear Moisturiser both in the pink grapefruit scent.
From my memory I don't think I have ever used anything by Neutrogena before but I knew it was a good brand from things I’ve heard down the blogging grapevine. I also picked up the moisturiser from the same range and something I have done for a long time is moisture my face so this tale is not all neglect. I wanted to get the same range for both products as I thought it would present the best results, I use both products twice a day (morning and night) and I am really happy with the results. After my first couple of uses I knew I liked it, the pink grapefruit scent is very refreshing and I really do feel how clean and soft my skin is.
I decided to use a glove to wash my face with instead of my hands there’s a deadly virus don’t you know as I although I often wash and sanitise my hands there will always be more germs than a glove - I believe this is an eco-tools exfoliating glove, I want to make it clear I don’t press super hard to exfoliate my skin but it does feel super soft after I use it so maybe every morning I’m slowing exfoliating my face away.

Who doesn't love a face mask? I obviously don't do this every night but I try to use a face mask at least once a week the one I have been using is L'oreal Pure Clay Red Algae Glow can you tell I gravitate towards pink things...
I really like this brand so far I mean I haven't had outstanding results as soon as I use it but my mum did say my skin was glowing and I am certainly not with child. I leave this mask on for about 20 minutes just standard whilst I read my book, watch TV or just do whatever I need to do walking around like I have no idea of my foundation shade and I often forget I have it on.

 That's it really, I try and that's all that matters right now. I hope you enjoyed this more traditional blogger post, I am trying to inject a little more me back into this blog so bare with me while I try things a little outside of my comfort zone.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

F
© Jessica Rose. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig